Horztal. Story Mode Map  (Read 7535 times)

Snipe34

Horztal. Story Mode Map
« on: January 09, 2010, 05:17 »
Horztal LARGE storymode / mission map.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BETA Download > newlink: Download KFHorztal33BetaTest.zip for free on uploading.com  <<<<<
+++++++++++++++++++++

Setting: The English countryside.
Story: Horzine have a hidden facility which you (the DRF) must find, enter, and destroy.  The Facility doors are too strong for your weapons.  The Facility Key is somewhere at Sword-in-the-Stone house.   Vehicles have been dropped which should aid your progress.

1.Your drop is nearby.

2.Sword-in-the-Stone House (there\'s a sword - I have the animation to make it a pickup, but I don\'t know how to code it.)

3.Dungeon Beginning.  Choice of four doors.  The skull door is always open <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->  If you pick one of the other three, the other two lock.  Beyond each of the three doors, the passages randomize so each door has two possible ways you can go.

4.Horzine Facility entrance. 

5.Inside the facility

6.Inside again, perched on ledge looking down at the elevator.

7.Burned because I didn\'t escape fast enough.

Any suggestions, ideas, criticisms welcome - it all helps so maps can be more fun.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 16:47 by Snipe34 »

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Horztal. Story Mode Map
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 17:43 »
holes, falls, traps and explosions - sounds great  ;)

Infty

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 23:18 »
Same as your other map. Looks great, but ut2004 is really slow on download. Do you think you can give me an link please  :D

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:30 »
+++DELETED - see above for the beta: http://www.usaupload.net/d/ev5ukc2mr37+++

Have a look, but currently it\'s a KF picnic - there\'s only a couple of monsters.

I\'ve started putting in the monsters, zombie nation style - and for multiplay player respawns.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 17:42 by Snipe34 »

Infty

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 22:11 »
Thanks, but the Dl site looks kinda fake..

Ricochet

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 14:50 »
Website is fine.

Snipe34

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 16:14 »
Thanks Ricochet.

(I suppose the weird adverts usaupload.net put you off BatteriPakke but other store sites don\'t keep files very long or have download limits like rapidshare which has 20 downloads max).

Progress with Horztal:

A storymap, made so that in multiplay players can repawn, but storymode doesn\'t work, so it has to be wave based...

This means there\'s a hidden room for wave zombies -which players never see- the rest of map has all the action: randomly triggered spawns.

Main problem of wave / story: this KF version doesn\'t have a Zombie Kill Volume.  The separate room for zombie waves with trapdoor above a straight Kill Volume won\'t work.  The zombies won\'t fall - they don\'t move until a players sees them.  They hang in the air.

What does work is the separate room wave zombies spawning above a kill zone.  They don\'t hang in the air but fall straight into the Kill Volume.  But obviously the problem then is the waves / shop events go too quick to "your squad survived"  But, good is that the wave clock stops if a living zombie is in the map.

The result is I have to keep one zombie alive to make the spawn clock stop.  Then for player respawn time, I need to kill all zombies.

That\'s where I\'m at, guessing where the players will be in the map - spawning a random zombie ahead somewhere who will always stop the clock.  Then placing player respawns so they coincide with shop events.

Other than that, playing the map you face randomized spawns - you may get a zombie nation - maybe some FPs, maybe many, maybe few, maybe mixtures of zombies.  It\'s roll of the dice.

Weapon / ammo / vest spawns are "on demand" meaning, stand over the pickup you want, press Use and it spawns for you.  That\'s better for several reasons: I don\'t have to guess what weapons you want, or how many players will be on a server, and so no need for pickups everywhere.  Plus improved the frame rate.  Yeah some coot could spawn stacks of stuff but only by pickup and drop, (pressing Use endlessly won\'t work) although that\'s not my problem :)

So the map\'s progressing well.  I know I\'ve made a good spawn when I get wiped out, and I keep getting wiped out.  Enjoy the above "picnic" download while you can ^^

[MiA]Pepe

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 03:50 »
I\'m downloading it. It looks great on those screenshots!!!

Over n out.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 10:38 »
I reccommend using http://ut-files.com for uploading next time.  ;)

[MiA]Pepe

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Defy the tyrannous stars
    • http://steamcommunit
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 19:18 »
That usaupload does not work with the Firefox plugin "Downloadthemall" but  the normal download works... Nice map :)

Over n out.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 18:42 »
 8)To Snipe34,

The map looks good. I downloaded it and played it. It is a hard map to play. Reminds me of TheHive251. Too many zombies. I was experiencing major lag when I was at the house, 2nd floor. Question - were you able to finish the game/map?

P.S. I just got done playing it and had to change a few things so I can finish the map playing SP (singleplayer). And got the part with bunker hallways. Got creamed when going down the steps! Shot the car and got in bunker. Put the game in easy mode.

P.S.S. Mind if I upload your map to ModDB!???
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 16:04 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 00:28 »
Thanks Poompoom500

Horztal is beta - intended for multiplay and with player respawns - so yep it's hard :/  No way around that because Difficulty change doesn't decrease the amount of monsters.  "Easy" for single is probably best.

"Multiplay respawn" hasn't been implemented yet, but it's in the pipeline.  Major lag upstairs - I'll take another look at the antiportals for that area.   Maybe zone the area...

Anyway, sure upload Horztal to ModDB, thanks :)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 18:13 »
 8) To Snipe34,

Hey bud! I am in the process of adding a WALKTHROUGH for kF-Horztal33 at my UT2K4 site -- http://www.poompoom500.0catch.com/. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Snipe34

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 04:46 »
8) To Snipe34,

Hey bud! I am in the process of adding a WALKTHROUGH for kF-Horztal33 at my UT2K4 site -- http://www.poompoom500.0catch.com/. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Amazed you got thru it, 0.0 and great walkthrough explaining how it's done.
But Horztal is a beta so some things need changing...  Not difficulty levels necessarily but directions so walkthrough is good.  But besides that it's the "no player respawn" like Hive problem.  I'm not sure the programmers will implement player respawn for storymode anytime soon so I may rework the two storymaps in the same style as Tower - a map that only you seem to be able to get thru.  You often surprise me man :)

Great walkthrough.