BoxWithoutHope 3rd Remake  (Read 9702 times)

Snipe34

BoxWithoutHope 3rd Remake
« on: May 20, 2010, 03:28 »
Revision:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnkmyyhz5tj/KF-SBC-Box3rdRemake-R1.zip

BoxWithoutHope with an extension.

Revision:
1/ Took out law.
2/ Reduced money.
3/ Money door swings other way.
4/ Narrower ramp at the very top.
5/ Winds and random winds outside affects doors and players.
6/ Fixed trader door clipping.
7/ Weldable toilet door with pickup for someone who shall remain nameless :D

Patty pushed by door... bugger xd.  Shall we see what happens?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 00:32 by Snipe34 »

deathnotedo

Re: BoxWithoutHope 3rd Remake
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 11:24 »
cool ima bout to try it and see what its like :D

deathnotedo

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 11:31 »
thats much better than the other one nice work :D

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 20:13 »
sweet. good job.

DarkShad0w15

• DarkShad0w15
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 20:44 »
Its nice  ;D
i was happy when i unwelded the door and then i thought wtf 2 other doors xDD
but i like it ^^

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 22:36 »
Is Rambo 9 out yet ??? so maybe box will get that bad, lol.  Dunno if you got any suggestions, cause the map's simple, stupid but pure genius.
Raj had some ideas (hoping he don't mind this copy/paste) - maybe someone else too, or maybe you make box4? or maybe box should die??:

...change the texture to something better/more horrifying.
How about putting the trader way deeper - so if players shop too long they might be too late coming up, lol
The current weapon pickups are pretty useless because there's almost always someone close to them (so they don't spawn). Maybe putting them in better places?
Maybe upgrade the toilet area. So players could open the doors there and go inside (there was some map with such toilets but i don't remember).
^ just random ideas

So yeah if guys have any...  (I hate unwelding, lol)

[MiA]Chester

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Indeed
    • ChesterCheetah
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 22:42 »
GET RID OF THE WEAPONS, EVERY1 ABUSES THEM!  :P

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 22:47 »
GET RID OF THE WEAPONS, EVERY1 ABUSES THEM!  :P

same 2 as before...  +law at last door.  Maybe the money room will stop peple abusing the weapons.  I'm trying to be democratic ^^

Monsterboy

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 20:55 »
Just played the map. Overall nice design, but there are a few problems:

1. The door to the money room opens to the wrong direction. Once it is open zombies are unable to get into the money room. We defeated the patriarch that way, he simply stood in front of the door and we shot him till he was dead. Works for all other zombies as well.

2. The LAW and money are a bit too much imo. With a decent amount of players you have unwelded all the doors by the time round 3 starts. Then you have unlimited weapons - no challenge left except for the patriarch (if the door to money room bug wouldn't exist). I think a Winchester instead of the LAW and maybe 1/4th the amount of money would be enough.

3. Like in most maps with money rooms people become greedy. One guy stood in the money room from round 1 to round 10 without helping anyone or killing a single zombie. Maybe make the money room a death trap so it is very hard to get out once a round starts.

Just a few suggestions. Except for the door bug, which you can hopefully fix. Thanks for the map!

Snipe34

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 21:00 »

1. The door to the money room opens to the wrong direction. Once it is open zombies are unable to get into the money room. We defeated the patriarch that way, he simply stood in front of the door and we shot him till he was dead. Works for all other zombies as well.

2. The LAW and money are a bit too much imo. With a decent amount of players you have unwelded all the doors by the time round 3 starts. Then you have unlimited weapons - no challenge left except for the patriarch (if the door to money room bug wouldn't exist). I think a Winchester instead of the LAW and maybe 1/4th the amount of money would be enough.

3. Like in most maps with money rooms people become greedy. One guy stood in the money room from round 1 to round 10 without helping anyone or killing a single zombie. Maybe make the money room a death trap so it is very hard to get out once a round starts.

Just a few suggestions. Except for the door bug, which you can hopefully fix. Thanks for the map!

Good points.  Ingame I noticed the law was overkill.  With the money room door, I was trying to smart missing the obvious that it blocked the paths, xd.

Working on update...

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 03:07 »
 :-[ To Snipe34,

The door to the money room opens to the wrong direction.
I was there in the game. It was Nobody who was in the money room. But to be fair, he was helping out. He gave us money and helped us with zombies having them go after him. But the door is a bit too big. We can barely get through when its open.

The LAW and money are a bit too much imo.
The LAW is good. I don't have any problem with it. But the door in that room (LAW room) is dangerous. I fell when the door opened because I was pushed to the side! Kaput! Dead! Can you make the platform wider? So whoever is standing next to the ones unwelding won't die! I was helping unweld the LAW door. Besides it doesn't spawn fast enough. The money is a bit large. Maybe you can minimize it.

But I loved the room all the way up top! It helps with pwning the zombies, especially the Flesh Pounds.

lucy

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 13:28 »

Good points.  Ingame I noticed the law was overkill.  With the money room door, I was trying to smart missing the obvious that it blocked the paths, xd.

Working on update...

i liked almost everything about the map. This map is supposed to be fun and it is. The laws are awesome because they're an overkill. The monopoly (rich bastard XP) is okay, as long as he gives out money. The only thing I did not like was the outdoor part is too dark. I kinda want some lampposts so i could see better and not fall through the big holes.

2 "Exploits", one being a pathfinding issue when zombies try to reach the uppermost room, they missed out the stairs and fell. The second exploit is as mentioned before, the patriarch likes money too much. I don't mind fixing the door glitch there, but i would suggest having a closed circuit so we can run in circles, instead of having to fall back into the interior hall again.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 14:22 »
I think money amount should be decreased a lot.
Right now the gametracker stats can be "exploited" (eg, look Nobody).
And something needs to be done with the doors too.

I'm imaging you could probably use the doors to also push Pat down to the bottom of map. Since there's no walls in where the doors open.

Nevertheless, really fun map for a change :)