Hi again!  (Read 11947 times)

Molgan[ApA]

Re: Hi again!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 21:53 »
Yeah. You're right. Contrast isn't pretty but it has the right layout for great gameplay.

The best maps for Freon appear to have multiple z axis levels, and lots of different routes round the map to choose from. Not too cramped to prevent effective hitscan, whilst at the same time not being too cramped to make spam overpowering.

Lifts. Yes, we like good lift jumps....
When I have a map that can be playtested, do you have a server for it? I have tried some stuff, only playtested myself and redeemed it useless for online testing, but I might have something soon (work is taking up too much time atm so soon is relative, I'm a uni lecturer and those scary students are approaching..)
Drunken_Ninja

wife

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 23:15 »
---
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 14:56 by wife »
---

Molgan[ApA]

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2020, 00:58 »
What subject do you teach?

We have a closed playtest server that is used for a wide variety of experiments. I only use it to see how a maps 'behind the scenes' stuff changes based on whether it's online or offline play - like how movers with bFixedRotationDir become out of sync with thier collision online, or how UScript logic is read differently.

For actual play testing gameplay with live players, the best place to do that would be on the live servers and see what people say about it.

Subjects: Class-A modeling (nurbs), prototyping, design methods and industrial design sketching. At the moment I'm caught up in research so mostly sketching and visualization (both 3D and analogue).

Sounds like there are places to test maps for both technical and structural flaws, great! ;)
Drunken_Ninja

Piglet

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 16:02 »
Yeah - just let me know as and when and we can try it on the test server, or on Freon 3