Krieg, Frieden und Zombies  (Read 135628 times)

Snipe34

Krieg, Frieden und Zombies
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:33 »
or: War, Peace and Zombies.

Made with UDK, and I'm in the middle of making a couple of maps, and everything else including bullet marks, everything.
The Ultimax and Glock are imported + about 50meg of my custom content.   I'm learning code with much help from Angel Mapper's book "UDK programming with UnrealScript" and UTForums, etc.

I planned some vids to show you how fantastic UDK makes stuff look, but first, UDK wouldn't record in XFire.  NP, next I d/l Fraps, but it failed after the 1st time I used it.  D/L an earlier version, nothing either.  So then Wegame d/l: "error, file not found."  I look into it when I have more time.

So screw it, here's a couple of MF legs....

MUHAHAHA i broke imgur, so here's tinypic,,,,,,

The leg, if you're still reading, is the first part of the KFZ soldier.  I'll make a few varieties of him, also of her.  So the leg, 1 size fits all - almost - for her will be more shapely, but basically the same leg.

I want KFZ to be semi-realistic at least, so the soldiers will be look, well, army.  From the leg I hope you can guess where the design is going.   But then there's Raj who uses that naked zombie character... so... I will get back to coding  :D

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
Re: Krieg, Frieden und Zombies
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:54 »
Haha, great job =D I'm way to anxious xD btw I recommend Cam Studio if you want to record, just going to assume you have a computer that will let you do that ;P

N3Cr0

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05 »
Great^^

I wish glc was availlable for Windows - first you have to set it up, which takes a while figuring out which sound channel to use and setting all the quality options, also playing and extracting needs to make new scripts from 3rd party software, but when it's running, it's stable and of course it's free.

...you may try screenget or gamecam under Windows.
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de

Snipe34

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 19:29 »
Haha, great job =D I'm way to anxious xD btw I recommend Cam Studio if you want to record, just going to assume you have a computer that will let you do that ;P

Sound doesn't work in Cam - without extensive fiddling...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 19:36 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 00:57 »
 O:-) To Snipe34,

Woohoo! Man, I was getting kind of frustarted there after you told me about Alex Quick and Tripwire. But I am ecstatic about the continuation of your work. The PANTS outfit LOOKS really nice! Very camo. Boots looks kool too.

KRIEG, FRIEDEN UND ZOMBIES, you rock.

Snipe34

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 05:32 »
Got fraps 2.5 working.

Start of the UDK Borthwick map, swaying grass, breakable meshes, underwater effect. Pretty shite vid for 480mbyte, but doing a hundred things at once my mind's all over the place ::) 

No footstep sounds yet.  After the character is finished and imported to UDK I can add the footstep sounds.  The code for it is done ^^
End of the video is a willow tree, looks shite, unfinished, but the fronds will wave when you brush thru them.  Also a pond... water needs work, etc.  I've also been working on a map with noteable London landmark which is a little more impressive, but that later nearer the mod's completion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sOWVM1KVw&feature=BFa&list=HL1335586085

The dude/ette(s) with ammo pouches, and also backpack will be added.  The colouring for the pouches isn't complete, so they look shite but they will have buttons and flaps and he'll have a belt and other stuff.  Colouring is done up just below his knees.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:20 by Snipe34 »

N3Cr0

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 16:35 »
That's awesome! I see your making advances.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 22:49 »
Yeeeeah, nice stuff!

As I told you ingame I'd like to "work" for you as a translator if you need german textes.
I love translating things ^^

Snipe34

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:12 »
Yeeeeah, nice stuff!

As I told you ingame I'd like to "work" for you as a translator if you need german textes.

Nice!  A multilingual menu would be good.  German voices, like Medic, help, maybe some zound kinda thing...?  Not to mention Estonian, and of course MUSIC.

N3Cr0

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 07:56 »
Model is done.

Vanico

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:31 »
Yeeeeah, nice stuff!

Nice!  A multilingual menu would be good.  German voices, like Medic, help, maybe some zound kinda thing...?  Not to mention Estonian, and of course MUSIC.

Sadly I don't have a good mic for recording voices... maybe N3cr0 could do voices. If not we will find some sounds. :)

N3Cr0

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 09:44 »
I will see then.
Let me say it that way: from june on I might be "free". Time for the important stuff then (learning coding and handling UDK, of course: game developing --> including sound; and most important: enjoying the life)

Vanico

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53 »
I know some guys who are musicians and have a sound studio though... maybe they could scream some stuff into the mic :D

N3Cr0

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 09:59 »
That may be a better solution than mine: sennheiser headset + recording (or sound editing) software

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 10:56 »
 O:-)

Model is done.
More like - Yaba-daba-KOOL!