Hosting Server - Few Questions =] - [Mia ;o]  (Read 6673 times)

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
Hosting Server - Few Questions =] - [Mia ;o]
« on: November 03, 2013, 15:25 »
Heyyy MiA =D

So, I found all my custom downloads and everything on one of my laptops and have been pushing on forward with a server. Question though, I need some help with a redirect server. I've already hosted the server and have tested the connection through tethering on my cell phone, but the download of files is ridiculously slow, but once there is gameplay it's nice and fluent, even on 120 ping =] (Even managed to score someone to play on the server first time I ran it!)

I just need to know,

- Is it possible to host an ftp server on my computer for these files specifically?
- If not, do you know if the unrealadmin.org website allows for KFMod ut2 files? I know they host a free redirect service for UT2004 but I'm not sure if posting KFMod files is possible?
- Again, if not, do you know of any reliable sources that will host the custom files? Gameservers.net is gone so that's not an option =S

And, last but not least, what's it take to join the MiA clan? >=] I've first played on the MiA server on KillingFloor and have always loved playing with you bunch, as well I loved playing on the MiA ONS server several times, the crowd I would get on their would be priceless xD I find it pretty awesome how you guys reached 1st place again in the rankings even after restarting the server =P

Expect me to be on more often ;D (Will try to get my bro on as well)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Hosting Server - Few Questions =] - [Mia ;o]
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 17:10 »
If you want to host files from home, you need to run a web server.
http://lifehacker.com/124212/geek-to-live--how-to-set-up-a-personal-home-web-server

I don't know about unrealadmin.org or other free redirects. I use Dropbox for KF, but this is only possible with older Dropbox accounts as far as I know...

The basic clan requirements are here http://miasma.org/index.php?topic=16.0

DestinyFennec

• destinyfennec
Re: Hosting Server - Few Questions =] - [Mia ;o]
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 18:23 »
Thanks Raj =D

I'm also having troubles with running Killing Floor now, I'm getting this error constantly:

KFMod Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3516 MHz with 4007MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find file for package 'D3D9Drv'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free

This only happened after I tried to get Killing Floor to run on the 64bit version of UT2004, and after changing everything back to the way it was, it still does this.

Nevermind, fixed it!

Seems the KFMod20.ini file was modified after trying to run the 64bit version of UT2004, changed the [Engine.Engine] section and told it that there was a D3D9Drv.ini file available to render in DX9. I guess it did so because the 64bit update was probably integrated with a DX9 driver.

I'll be heading on to the server in a minute if anyone wants to join me ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 18:35 by bigbigbuddy »