Freon bugs and issues to look at....  (Read 40716 times)

hagis

Re: Freon bugs and issues to look at....
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2019, 15:30 »
the problem is balance,. if there's one A player on a side and none on the other it should balance,. two A players one side (and none on the other) and it is much harder,.

I didn't notice their ppr but they were on the same side and avg ppr doesn't move quick enough to offset that,. the amount of damage/kills should have pushed their game ppr up and then run the balancer it should put them on different sides

thaw's for 10 points used to be how it was set on SoL and HoC and it mostly balanced fine,. with partial thawing points I don't know how the points are allocated between time thawing and total thaw etc

hagis

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2019, 15:36 »
SoLToolz is really a handy thing for admin to use,. it allows all kinds of handy things,. force rez and moving players between teams,. we could have offset those players by moving the C players to their side so you have more B players on the other,. it's point+click easy,. you look at the escape menu and you have buttons to switch players (and other stuff like whois type things)

hagis

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2019, 09:47 »
it's really an edge case but the work 1/2 exists in 3spn

if you go to spec and rejoin you retain your points,.  that is also the case in some situations if your connection drops and you reconnect to the server,. you keep your points

what isn't done,. you loose your adren in both cases,. ideally it should be re-applied the same way points are kept

ok,. it's the kind of thing most don't notice and no drama either way but will put here so it's listed at least :)

Piglet

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2019, 12:28 »
Do you need the latest code to look at fixing that?

Another thing that needs looking at is the balancer and what happens when a player joins mid round. If there is a bot playing they get kicked out..even though the new player is waiting to spawn at the start of the next round...or a res.

I've seen a round lost as the last player unfrozen is the bot that got kicked as it thawed

The code should be more aware of this and only kick the bot if the new player actually starts to play

Harris

• T-800
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2019, 17:32 »
Hello !
I don't think this is very important thing but... today I played vs bots only on freon, it was Check Maze_b2 map, bots were totally confused, they just stood all the time and did nothing until they saw me or my bot teammate. One round I was moving near spawn place and both bots' "tent colapsed" cuz they were camping all the time... it never happened on any other map I've played so maybe it was some disposable glitch.

Nice server btw, keep it up  ;)

Piglet

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2019, 18:53 »
Thanks. Welcome to the forum. I hope to see you on the server one evening.

They will be doing that because the map can't be properly bot-pathed.  I'm not a mapper - I can hack other people's a bit, but rely on others for that sort of thing

hagis

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2019, 18:20 »
weird one just now,. playing there were like 4 frozen players our side and 1 live,. they tried to stand thaw a frozen bot - moved back and used res and the res picked the frozen bot,. that shouldn't happen (never seen that before - real players should always be picked unless there's only a bot froze) ?

Piglet

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2019, 19:39 »
I've always seen it pick a player rather than bot.

The code tries to pick only players which are not actively being thawed. Maybe the bot was the only team member not actively being thawed.

hagis

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2019, 22:03 »
naa,. was only one player our side alive,. I don't think the froze players were even near each other (in case it's counting touching froze as thawing - unlikely)

Piglet

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 20:19 »
Well I've checked the code, and it doesn't discriminate between human players and bot players.

It could!

It works through all the players (bot or not) that are dead or frozen
...checking which of the players being actively thawed was res'd most long ago
...checking which of the players not being actively thawed was res'd most long ago

at the end,
...if it found a dead/frozen player not being actively thawed that's the one to res (if time tied then it's a random one from the same time longest ago)
...if it didn't find a dead/frozen player not being actively thawed, then if it found one being actively thawed that's the one to res
..otherwise abort the res as nobody is dead or frozen.

hagis

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 08:59 »
that is weird,. I would have guessed it would have tried not to res a bot, preferring a real player,. though not looked at the code in a long time I guess I thought it 'must' do that as I don't recall seeing a bot get res'd before the other day,.

Piglet

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2019, 14:35 »
Probably because bots get added after players so all players have an earlier time of last res than any bot, if that starts initially as the join time the all the humans before it would consider a bot.

However, it wouldn't be a vast amount of work to make it work like this:

1. Human not being thawed
2. Human being thawed
3. Bot not being thawed
4. Bot being thawed

I did also wonder whether dead players should get priority over frozen ones
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 15:04 by Piglet »

Piglet

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2019, 15:04 »
Bump

Piglet

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2019, 17:34 »
From hagis

yeah - dead before frozen,. possibly it should,. have to consider whether newly joined players are technically dead would end being brought into the game before the next round (realise that happens already by random chance)

Piglet

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2019, 17:35 »
I think they would.

I'll have to look at the code when I have a chance