Old developers  (Read 4457 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
Old developers
« on: May 09, 2019, 05:58 »
Just wondering if old developers like [MiA]Raj still hang around here. With my research of these forums, I have come to the conclusion that he/she along with other admins set the basis to build a community we see as MiASMA, today.

I feel in minority class when I see the sub-forums Maps & Mapping and Graphics but no Modding  :( despite of the fact the Killing Floor was the production of this community. I'm sure a word or two with Raj will certainly cheer me up again.
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Piglet

Re: Old developers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:13 »
I'll drop you a pm

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:33 »
I think most people have moved on to new things.

As you know I hack a bit in unrealscript, but don't have the time to get the deeper knowledge needed to build more complex stuff

Shambler and wormbo were the community gods of scripting.

Shambler got to work on fixes to the engine C++ source under NDA.

Great to have you round here. There are some bugs in Freon I'd love another pair of eyes on if you're interested. I've given up on trying to fix them and they bug the hell out of me

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 11:44 »
Shambler got to work on fixes to the engine C++ source under NDA.

Now there is something I didn't know. That is awesome.

I could look at the freon code, but I am not DM player. I doubt if I could be any help there  ::)
But of course, I'd be glad to discuss code here in the forums!!! Great to have peer active coder, cheers
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:51 by The_Cowboy »
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.