If you like the VCTF maps...help us find good ones  (Read 83579 times)

Nardaq_NL

Re: If you like the VCTF maps...help us find good ones
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 11:55 »
Lol ya, trans is a game spoiler for those have uber binds on it, you can try enable arvil boost? But its fine they way it is.

And any chance the weapon spawn on face can we reverted back? we need to go in a circle to get all weapons on one side and it used to be in one spot. Is this intentionally?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:40 by Nardaq_NL »

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2019, 14:28 »
Our local code is able to spawn any asset at whatever location on a map configured...and we have various different configurations we have to choose from - from what you see on the server now to some really crazy ones with lots of odd things scattered throughout the maps

The code I gave works at the different layer of global level in the game. It loads irrespective of the actors spawned locally on the map (I mean it will even work in the ONS gametype and so on!).
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Piglet

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 14:54 »
you can try enable arvil boost? But its fine they way it is.

Avril boost is on in ons and off in vctf.

And any chance the weapon spawn on face can we reverted back? we need to go in a circle to get all weapons on one side and it used to be in one spot. Is this intentionally?

The spawns should be identical to how they were previously, except in very fine position - I used the config file from the demo server item spawn code to inform exact position of the pickups. After that I just aligned them slightly.

i.e. I inserted the item to the map one at a time and then set their location, rotation and yaw properties as per the demo config values...then at the end I adjusted them very slightly as some of the angles seemed wrong.

So there should be no functional differences. Can you be specific about what seems different? I know spawning by the tank is a pain if you want a shock rifle...

Piglet

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2019, 14:58 »
@The_Cowboy yes. A mutator like that gives players a translator. What we tried and didn't like was having translocators in the game at all. We did this technically by spawning translocator pickups on the map.

It wasn't a problem getting one. The issue was that it didn't Improve the gameplay so we dropped it

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 15:54 »
I can understand that!
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

[MiA]Dave

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2019, 16:06 »
VCTF seems to have adrenaline speed turned off. I've gone invisible a couple of times, so that works. Some of these flag positions are so 'spam-enabled' that adrenaline-speed would be useful to get a decent head-start from the 'defenders'.

Piglet

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2019, 16:34 »
I don't think anything is off. I saw people using speed last night...

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2019, 17:47 »
speed wont work on half-pipe.  I guess its forced in the map.

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 17:58 »
Jup

The spawns should be identical to how they were previously, except in very fine position - I used the config file from the demo server item spawn code to inform exact position of the pickups. After that I just aligned them slightly.

i.e. I inserted the item to the map one at a time and then set their location, rotation and yaw properties as per the demo config values...then at the end I adjusted them very slightly as some of the angles seemed wrong.

So there should be no functional differences. Can you be specific about what seems different? I know spawning by the tank is a pain if you want a shock rifle...
Left:

Right:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 18:01 by Nardaq_NL »

Piglet

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 18:56 »
Looks pretty similar to me in what you get

I could bury the bases a little.

jiRNGen

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 23:58 »
Have you decompressed it into your maps directory?

Yes and renamed it into ut2.

No. Don't rename it, you need to ucc decompress it.

If you're on windows go to ut2004\system in a dos window and do:.  ucc decompress ..\maps\vctf-yourcompressedmapname.uz

I didn't know this, it's strange because when i manually renamed it, it become an ut2 file since it change the file type, anyway it works now thanks.

Here few maps i tested :

VCTF-Antropolis.ut2.uz2  (cool green grass and architectures)
VCTF-Juggernaut.ut2.uz2 (cool basic maps)
VCTF-BinarySpace][.ut2.uz2 (famous vctf map)
VCTF-Basically.ut2.uz2 ( same style as binaryspace)
VCTF-magisFunmap--V2-demo.ut2.uz2 (cool fun map)
VCTF-Veniis-][.ut2.uz2 ( cool map but not so big)
VCTF-EgyptsHall-v3.ut2.uz2 (cool small map)
VCTF-BorderCrossing.ut2.uz2
VCTF-XtremeCrater-Huge.ut2.uz2 ( fun map)
VCTF-Warmonger.ut2.uz2

Many maps are same shape, same style, i like open maps like faceclassic with 2 towers but didn't find this style yet...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 00:00 by Zinst »

HimmelBerg

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2019, 14:53 »
VCTF-(00)_ModularSector_013_B3
VCTF-(LGIwp1)EliteArena2K4
VCTF-[NBS]NeoNephthys
VCTF-]ls[^RiverCanyon^
VCTF-00-Eire-b1 or b3 (I don't know what's the difference)
VCTF-00_Eire-B5
VCTF-=ShuRi=-PyramiD
VCTF-]ls[Weapons
VCTF-{BB}s-Sherwood_Forest_HP
VCTF-{UEM}-Wasteground+
By the way, there are a lot of trash maps on the server. There are some huge ones which don't make sense. It takes too long to go to enemy base and get back. Way too long. ONS huge ones either don't make sense. Please consider taking them down. I will select from all 2500 the ones that are nicer and then you shall choose which ones are the best. Then we'll have a great selection. Open space with good lighting are the best ones.  Will come back with more. I hope to select the best from 500 today, then the rest. Then maybe try ONS maps. For now try these and maybe this evening will select some more :). I downloaded all that list so if others already posted any of them, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 21:08 by HimmelBerg »

HimmelBerg

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2019, 01:03 »
VCTF-4fun-Beta3
VCTF-AbattoirIsland
VCTF-Aeolus-beta2
VCTF-Antropolis
VCTF-ApAManta][Starrz   <-I think this one looks a lot better than the one already on the server.

Absolute_Madness

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2019, 19:18 »
I had a nice collection on rezq when it used to be a vctf server. Some of them require some extra mods...

miley.cyrus

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2019, 11:17 »
Jup

Left:

Right:

@Piglet
The old placement was much better. I dont know how many times I been running away without link or shock :D