hello  (Read 5572 times)

Vintage

hello
« on: November 04, 2020, 14:36 »
Hi :) I'm new to UT, i've only started playing earlier this year. I'm always on freon voting random map  :))

kops

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 14:42 »
Hey and welcome :)

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 15:26 »
Welcome!

You're playing really well. The freon players are generally pretty scarily good.

Did you play something else before that to aim that well or are you just a fast learner?

Vintage

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 16:17 »
Welcome!

You're playing really well. The freon players are generally pretty scarily good.

Did you play something else before that to aim that well or are you just a fast learner?
Thanks!
Yeah I played Q3CPMA for about 10 years. When I started coming on your server I was using a broken ninox aurora that spun out if I moved it too fast :-[ but now I got a new mouse and comfier set up ;D I like trying to compete against the better players like yourself, Holyspam & Dawkins but you guys are much better at the guns, movement and maps than me :) I'm forever dying to fall damage on that grey vertical map lol

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 17:07 »
Contrast? Yeah you have to know how far you can fall without damage. You can dodge off a wall (double-press direction key) half way down and have no damage.

I'm better at thawing than shooting. Best at moaning about not being thawed to be honest!

Blub

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 17:33 »
Hi Vintage - welcome one forums.

Contrast? Yeah you have to know how far you can fall without damage. You can dodge off a wall (double-press direction key) half way down and have no damage.

Con-what? Is that a new map?

I'm better at thawing than shooting. Best at shouting "no thaw ffs"

Fixed that for you

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 19:02 »
Well....yesterday there was a teammate standing still watching me not being thawed...they stood there for longer than it would have taken to thaw me until a group of enemies came along...and then they decided to take them all on.

I was thawing another player and died just before they thawed. They thawed with nobody else around....and ran off leaving me there.....

Grrr!

Vintage

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 20:11 »
lols I try to thaw as much as possible but on maps like contrast I get lost easy or just fail jumps  :))

Krellsan

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 20:14 »
no worries Vintik, even pigs can't fly :D

Piglet

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 20:38 »
Have you seen the hints and tips on the Freon guide on the front page? One I keep forgetting (even though it's my code) is that pressing m or n shows you the route to the closest frozen teammate. 

Rage

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 09:02 »
hey vintage
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 09:33 by Rage »

GPREZQ

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 15:21 »
HI Vintage welcome  :)

Blub

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 19:52 »
Have you seen the hints and tips on the Freon guide on the front page? One I keep forgetting (even though it's my code) is that pressing m or n shows you the route to the closest frozen teammate.

I'm trying to let people, especially new players, know about that site because it gives great insights into freon. Myself I didn't know about the usage of speed for faster thawing of groups of players.

There might be another way to propagate it further - maybe include it in the motd?

Piglet

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 20:23 »
I think you can do "mutate help" or "mutate tips" to get there from the Freon server.

Blub

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 20:32 »
Nice, I'll try that out later today.