Piglet

TAM Youtube video
« on: June 16, 2020, 12:38 »
I wish I had aim like this!

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
Re: TAM Youtube video
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 12:56 »
I was invited to play in this cup, declined due to my complete noobery these days :D

There's currently a 1v1 tournament taking place that's being run by the same guys.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 13:13 »
Useless! Nobody thaws!  >:D

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 14:07 »
Yeah - I consider TAM as Freon with the fun bits removed.

Still...impressive aim.

hagis

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 14:36 »
is fun,. I don't know what server it's running on but they are using what looks like 3spn 3223 or based on that from SoL,. it's not the TR 3spn as they fiddled around with the z axis radar stuff to make the +/- less obvious :)

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 15:51 »
Yeah. It looks like your original +/- height radar.

I still prefer the blobs, for more granular information about relative height on maps with a range of z levels for functional use rather than pretty looks that yours wins on!

hagis

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 16:30 »
well,. I am usually in a panic to run away so a more binary / up down same was the idea but blobs works too :)

Piglet

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 16:40 »
I did wonder whether a range of different + and - images could cater for a range of different heights. Maybe as simple as opacity/contrast.

hagis

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 17:01 »
part of the idea was to be slightly vague,. well,. it wasn't clear adding z axis would be a good idea at all,. already on SoL back in the day games could go on for a long time through overtime and whether allowing people to find frozen more easily could extend games further,.  the other idea I had was to understand whether a frozen was close or far away but that probably does go over the line of making it too easy

I like the simple +/- it's kinda fun as they are on same level if is 2 player units or less,. so sometimes you can get on a slope or jump and understand where in the map they are likely to be just from the way the thing flicks between same or + or -,. ok that is geek level stuff but I got used to it now :)

zeus

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 19:51 »
I wish I had aim like this!

A FEW THINGS THAT I NOTICED

1) MOST LIKELY LOW FOV / ZOOMED IN AIMING ( ALSO DESPITE THE VIDEO BEING RECORDED WITH WHAT SEEMS LIKE FOV 80 ) COMBINED WITH STEADY HAND & 100 TR ( THAT CUP WAS RUN MAJORITY OF THE TIME WITH 100 TR )

2) THROWING HIS QUITE STRONG TEAMMATES UNDER THE BUS ( WHICH IS WHY THEY ALSO LOST TEH CUP )
 2.a) BASED ON THE BATTLE SOUNDS HE GETS FREE INFORMATION WHERE THE OPPONENTS ARE
 2.b) HE GETS AN EASY SIDE SHOT FROM BEHIND THE CORNER WHEN THE OPPONENTS ARE LOOKING ELSEWHERE / BATTLING WITH TEAMMATES

3) LOW ROLLOFF / HIGH VOLUME AUDIO TO LOCATE THE OPPONENTS

4) WEAK OPPONENTS WHO RUSH INTO HIS LG

THE WHOLE PLAYSTYLE IS SOMETHING SIMILAR TO HOW MEDCECTPA & ECSTA PLAY - THEY WAIT FOR OTHERS TO RUSH AND EXPECT THEIR TEAM TO DO THE FREON PART

8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 19:53 by zeus »