Graphic problems on Miasma and custom servers  (Read 6720 times)

psydei

Graphic problems on Miasma and custom servers
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:04 »
Hello, I just reinstalled windows 7 Ultimate and reinstalled UT 2k4, but whenever I join servers like Miasma or CEONSS, I can't see a lot of things, like turrets, the top of the tanks, a lot of the fire animations, no particular skins, not even the menu. I don't remember if it downloads something to be able to play on Mia, but when I first connected this time, it didn't asked me to download anything.
But yeah, that's that. I hope you can help me.  :(

PS: I also can't talk or see any other kind of messages.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Graphic problems on Miasma and custom servers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 17:12 »
Hi. You're far away. Can you play on other euro servers without this problem?

It seems like the problem is your connection/location. You can check your ping and packetloss with "stat net" command when on server.

Edit:

As an experiment, I've lowered the tickrate setting of the server. It was set to a bit higher than the default value. Higher tickrate can result in bigger packet loss for distant players like you or so I've heard.

I don't know if this will change anything for you, but please try.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 19:01 by [MiA]Raj »

psydei

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:58 »
I have always played in these servers and never had this problem, but anyways, the problem solved itself, idk how or what happened. (?)
Thaks anyways.

Avi.BEST.noob

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 11:41 »
it seems like I am having a bit of a trouble too ... my f3 menu is not showing  ?

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 16:17 »
There isn't any F3 menu anymore, stats are disabled.

sonic

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:47 »
meh. But I wanted to see my stats :/
and good job with the new link gun setup, but when healing raptor or manta the flag keeps dropping (if holding one)

Avi.BEST.noob

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:07 »
yeah but sometimes ... u link the raptor and u can capture flag , I've seen it done 1-2 times

psydei

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 20:39 »
meh. But I wanted to see my stats :/
and good job with the new link gun setup, but when healing raptor or manta the flag keeps dropping (if holding one)

I believe that's on porpuse. It would be very easy to score if you could link to vehicles (specially raptors and mantas) while carrying the flag.

sonic

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 07:30 »
NO! when we link raptor/manta with flag the flag drops after some distance! isn't it?

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 00:25 »
/offtopic

distance or when your getting pulled. Still didn't got the change to test this in peace.

On the other hand, it sometimes getting annoying for example your healing on Raptor/manta with flag by accident default and losing the flag

It's a option to disable this "link vehicle" while pressing walking or crouching?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 00:27 by Nardaq_NL »

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 17:37 »
Quote from: Nardaq_NL
It's a option to disable this "link vehicle" while pressing walking or crouching?

Probably not (at least not easily) because then all you'd have to do is hold walk/crouch while tethering to the Raptor and it'd bring you and the flag to home base.

What COULD be done (theoretically) is in the "Vehicle Grapple" mutator or whatever it's called: add code to detect whether the vehicle is idle or unoccupied. That way, there's no way to link and have the Raptor tow you across the map if there's nobody to drive it.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 19:14 »
Right now the flag gets immediately dropped, I think. I'll try to improve it in future so that the drop would happen only when player is actually pulled towards the linked target.

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 22:24 »
The issue its atm. you get sort-off pulled away to a certain distance when you on top of manta/Raptor and so get boosted away losing the flag in the process.

Thats why the idea to crouch or walk while linking to "disable vehicle link grappling" completely, IF it's even possible.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 22:27 by Nardaq_NL »