Freon - Mia Version - Tips and hints and how to play  (Read 46014 times)

Piglet

Re: Freon - Mia Version - Tips and hints and how to play
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2019, 23:17 »
We tried the "100 health given to frozen teammates = a thaw, 50 health to thawed teammates = a reward, every other reward is a bit bigger, partial thaws all count" for a map. The logic seemed to work well but probably needs tweaking on rewards. Still, interesting to see it working on a server of players rather than just on a test server.

The setting will go back off on next map change.

Piglet

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 12:05 »
Changes today:

1. Resurrectee now gets the necro-effect on being res'd. Server side configurable for thawer/thawee/both/none - but currently set to just the thawee for now.

2. If you can't use an adrenaline pickup you now can't pick it up (brings functionality into line with existing health and shield pickups)

3. If you can't use a pickup you get a low "duh" sound, and a message in the bottom of your screen telling you that you can't pick up more health/shield/adren.

Piglet

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 00:03 »
Can't pick up health or shield after end of round.

Piglet

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 23:05 »
Changes:

1. Configurable option for res to be in-place or teleport then res. The original logic used the Freon & thaw setting for "teleport on thaw"....but reversed so it always did the opposite of a normal thaw action.

2. Now counts partial thaws, and rewards you points, adren, and ammo every 50 health given. If you turn up at 99% you don't get a the same reward as the player that thawed from 0%. Configurable to use this or old logic.

Piglet

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2019, 13:43 »
Changes: Thaw ammo reward.

Old logic: one berserk unit of ammo added to the held gun each reward time, up to the maximum level the gun could hold.

New logic: one berserk unit of ammo added to the held gun each reward time, if the pre-reward ammo level is less than the server configuration starting ammo level.

However, if the pre-reward ammo level of the held gun is not less than the starting ammo, then it will look through all the guns you have and reward you with ammo in the gun with the lowest percentage ammo from the starting level.

This logic allows you to restock an entirely empty gun, which wasn't otherwise possible. The trade-off is that you can't accumulate ammo way more than the starting level.

Configurable old or new logic from the webadmin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 13:47 by Piglet »

Piglet

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 23:24 »
New version with some small bug fixes in a few places. Nothing that affects gameplay.

Can't work out why client view of frozen pawn sometimes continues moving despite the server and other players seeing it stationary. I've tried moving it slightly at the point if freezing, but no change. Very odd. It's as if the replication of position gets missed at freeze - even with just one player and 3 bots

Piglet

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 23:07 »
Updated the information in the first post with a new more game-play notes.

Piglet

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2019, 14:24 »
First post updated with Kops' fantastic redo of the hints and tips.

Recent changes:

• F7 "Info" tab now has a link to the hints and tips
  • F7 "Misc" tab now has the option of three different styles of radar blob to choose from. The first/default one should scale better
  • When you do a resurrect, the code will only pick a player actively being thawed if there are no other players it can choose from.

nyrde

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2020, 11:53 »
Hello all!
I'm not completely sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I have a maybe abit stupid guestion about the game. So there is this possibility to "force" models on the server. Does that make a huge difference... for example are the hitboxes of different characters drastically different? I kind of like to be able to identify players by their characters so I would prefer not to use it unless it makes a real difference. What is your view on this matter?

kops

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2020, 11:57 »
Hitboxes are the same for all characters. I force larger character models in red for enemies purely to make them easier to spot and use a slim, female character for myself as I figure if an enemy isn't forcing characters, then I'll be slightly less noticeable.

Piglet

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2020, 12:12 »
I force model as this makes the target of shots a constant shape. I know roughly where I need to be aiming on that model to get a headshot.

The other advantage is that the animations are consistent.

nyrde

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2020, 12:53 »
Ok. I see... Thanks for the replys!

THOR`

• anxious_f0x
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2020, 16:16 »
It also saved some VRAM back when the game launched :D

But yeah I force models and colours for enemies.

holyspam

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2020, 16:56 »
It also saved some VRAM back when the game launched :D

But yeah I force models and colours for enemies.
You're telling me NOW????
This would REALLY help with my S3 SAVAGE 4 PRO 16MB PCI card.

nyrde

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2020, 16:58 »
So I put the force models "ON" on the "F7" options, but nothing happened... What might be the reason? Any idea?