3SPNvTR20Dfx2.u - source code?  (Read 4596 times)

Piglet

3SPNvTR20Dfx2.u - source code?
« on: September 03, 2019, 14:08 »
Anyone know the TR coder? He's removed all the code from 3SPNvTR20Dfx2.u and claimed it as "Coded by {TR}Taylor` " (despite it using large amounts of other people's code, including mine) - people were asking for some minor functionality similar to what's been added there to be included here, and I was interested to see what had been added.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 14:10 by Piglet »

hagis

Re: 3SPNvTR20Dfx2.u - source code?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 15:21 »
ED setup a temporary(?) replacement for TR since TR is offline,. I don't think (or know) if it has the source

I did ask taylor for it but he wasn't keen (at least at that time) to make it available

there's a lot of work been done but as you say huge amount is based on original 3spn, changes by void (based on some of your stuff I think) and netcomp stuff pulled in, changes by SoL and changes by me,. it would be a 'good thing' to make it available rather than have people try to decompile the bits they want

I really like the coloured shock,. makes it handy to know who's shooting what and where, the on screen damage I can take or leave (it is handy) but that could be on an option,. there is other tweaks like the res icon to say who is next up which is nice touch

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 15:34 »
On screen damage is easy to add as a mutator (saDamagePopup), it doesn't need to be in the main package.

I didn't notice the shock colour.

What people were asking about was a sound on adrenaline full (different to the default "adrenaline full") and the ability to have more than 100 adrenaline.

Yeah, the code should be left in the package unless there's a really good reason why not.

hagis

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 19:19 »
adren 100 and 120 full I've seen elsewhere,. I think it's on the NEW tam server - they can probably help get that source,. they use a really early 3psn with that adren mod

yeah - coloured shock is pretty cool and they made the graphic for the shock nicer too, I don't know what they based that on (as you say there's an onscreen damage code around)

some will argue against damage on screen as hardcore should 'damage count in their heads' - the interesting thing about damage (well ok only interesting to a few perhaps) is hitsounds are client viewpoint of a hit,. damage number is server damage view - so you know fo sure there is damage and how much

Z.Ibrahimovic

• zpammer
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 20:00 »
Anyone know the TR coder? He's removed all the code from 3SPNvTR20Dfx2.u and claimed it as "Coded by {TR}Taylor` " (despite it using large amounts of other people's code, including mine) - people were asking for some minor functionality similar to what's been added there to be included here, and I was interested to see what had been added.

Oooh he took your code as well and named it his?
Sounds very familiar ;) Loads of code isn't TR's, if not all.
Tweeka for more info.

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 20:46 »
I really don't mind people using my code. The only reason I can do anything is be seeing how other people do it.

Taking someone else's source code and adding modifications and then removing the source entirely is just rude.

Taking credit for someone else's code....is....I struggle for  polite words...