[Concept] WWE style Music  (Read 4704 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
[Concept] WWE style Music
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:56 »
How about coding a mutator and implementing the WWE style entrance music on the server for the joining of elite players (moi for instance). The players can send their music to the admins which can be easily put on the server!
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Ballz.XXL

Re: [Concept] WWE style Music
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 17:02 »
omg i will def take the undertakers legendary entrance song XD

Ballz.XXL

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 17:04 »

kops

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 19:50 »
Mate, it's great you're willing to do all this work but it's not really that kind of server.  If you're looking to help out how about some kind of spec queuing system for when there's 4 specs in Freon waiting to play but the person that came in 1 minute ago jumps the queue and joins the game before the people that have been waiting for 15 minutes to play.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 00:10 »
 8) That is evident. If it were upto me, I'd just use Random() function to determine which player is to be selected out of 4+1 players, irrespective of the waiting time, and redirecting the rest to other populated server(s) (the Markov-style where future is only dependent on "now"). Perhaps it is best it is not upto me.
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 00:58 »

That gives another idea, cling! I can render the video on the top/bottom side of client's screen connected to the server.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 04:10 »
Ok I have spent great deal of time in looking for the "video rendering" part and it seems that it doesn't exist in the UnrealScript. What player Ballz has given us is an opportunity to see how creative I can really get!.

On second thought, I can plan to implement this concept for UT4 where I have the complete control (as the licensee of course).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:15 by The_Cowboy »