Freon - Mia Version - Tips and hints and how to play  (Read 45939 times)

Piglet2

Freon - Mia Version - Tips and hints and how to play
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:28 »
Click the image for the latest hints and tips:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 14:21 by Piglet »

Krellsan

Re: Freon - Mia Version - Tips and hints and how to play
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 08:14 »
On other servers you can abuse this by using a rocket jump or flak jump to freeze yourself and land+thaw in lava with full health. Here you can't. If you try it you thaw with 1 health and the lava kills you dead. If you land near lava after having killed yourself this way and get pushed in in less than 5 seconds the same thing will happen. After 5 seconds it's fine...you should have enough time of spawn protection to get out as long as you don't shoot a gun.

So, if you fixed that thing, which i abused, maybe you can return the Rankin map with lava? :D
BTW, in my opinion, it's not abuse. There is a plenty of good players, more skilled, more aimed than me, so i need to equalize chances with that self thaw. Still good to know that server is evolved, and that blue dot surely can help to find teammates on multileveled maps. Good work.

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 10:20 »
The Rankin map with lava has only been back about a week :P

There are a few new maps...

Krellsan

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 16:01 »

no dot :(( what am i doing wrong?

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 16:13 »
See my post above - you are using "Use Plus Radar" - that gives a "+" for above you and "-" for below. It's easier to use than the blue dot which you get it you turn (only) that "Use Plus Radar" off in the Misc settings screen, but the blue dot is better for seeing how much lower and how much higher

Krellsan

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 16:24 »
ohhhh. lol. now i see it, but it's unplayable, it's barely noticable with my resolution

Piglet

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 19:27 »
Yeah - You're better off with the + radar

Piglet

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 22:28 »
Small updates

1. You should now be able to be thawed by your new team when you switch (or are switched) to a new team.
2. No thaw start sound if it's end of round
3. No need to move out of range and back again on thawing to thaw/heal nearby players. This has been there for a few days and may need a little more work as it now rewards you for being thawed close to another player without you even needing to do any work, which seems a little unfair!

Server tick-rate increased

kops

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 09:33 »
The feature that people rarely use (or know about) is that they can stay close to team high HP teammates to increase their own HP.  It's often a  round-saving tactic but, because of lack of awareness, is not used enough. 

If you do see a teammate standing or moving right next to you on a quiet area of the map, they are bolstering their HP, don't dodge away so quickly.

Krellsan

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 10:39 »
i usualy shoot in da teammate back, and thaw him. it's lot more faster than explaining to him - let's slow down a little, stop and I will give you a little hp, no, no need to twitch there, all goo.....

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53 »
I wouldn't do that...we sometimes use reverse friendly fire settings...

Piglet

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 10:55 »
The feature that people rarely use (or know about) is that they can stay close to team high HP teammates to increase their own HP.  It's often a  round-saving tactic but, because of lack of awareness, is not used enough.

Yeah I have that in my first post:

If you are high health, being near a low health teammate increases their health. If you are low health, being near a higher health teammate increases your health. It does make a bigger target!/quote]

Krellsan

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 11:27 »
I wouldn't do that...we sometimes use reverse friendly fire settings...
If i have enough hp, why not. in other way we both already dead

BJ

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 13:19 »
Maybe you can add small hints displaying before the start of each round, e.g. "If you are low health, being near a higher health teammate increases your health." It can be useful, especially for newcomers  :)

kops

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 15:40 »
Yeah I have that in my first post:

Yup caught that - it's worth reiterating though as it's often overlooked, as is making sure you're using your fave weapon when you thaw someone to get a bit more ammo :)