KF-Nocturne Map Almost Finished...  (Read 33786 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Re: KF-Nocturne Map Being Finished...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 20:57 »
 :pft: To ionut_09,

mah u take that screenshots?
Yes sir. I had to take a few as I was testing it. Let me know of any problems you encounter with the map. I have some added UT2004 mutators that I installed that seem to carry over the map.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 18:49 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

Re: KF-Nocturne Map Finished - READY FOR DOWNLOAD...
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 04:09 »
wouldn't show in KF playable maps

in the editor it crashed on load:

I don't recognize that problem, never seen it before, sry...

could be that "teamProgressVolume"?

Bad expr token 5a

History: SerializeExpr <- (5A) <- SerializeExpr <- (65) <- SerializeExpr <- (61) <- SerializeExpr <- (72) <- SerializeExpr <- (67) <- SerializeExpr <- (65) <- SerializeExpr <- (73) <- SerializeExpr <- (73) <- SerializeExpr <- (63) <- SerializeExpr <- (69) <- SerializeExpr <- (67) <- SerializeExpr <- (6F) <- SerializeExpr <- (74) <- SerializeExpr <- (65) <- SerializeExpr <- (72) <- SerializeExpr <- (61) <- SerializeExpr <- (72) <- SerializeExpr <- (75) <- SerializeExpr <- (79) <- SerializeExpr <- (69) <- SerializeExpr <- (72) <- SerializeExpr <- (6A) <- SerializeExpr <- (68) <- SerializeExpr <- (74) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.TeamProgressVolume0) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.TeamProgressVolume0) <- LoadObject <- (Class myLevel.TeamProgressVolume0 3150518==3150518/57615680 3150414 231) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\UT2004\KFMod20\Maps\KF-Nocturne.ut2") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- FileOpen <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:11 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 05:37 »
 :sadface: To Snipe34,

I don't recognize that problem, never seen it before, sry...
could be that "teamProgressVolume"?
Okay. That is part of the Monster Evolution mutator. I mentioned in the previous post that you may have to install the other files - MonsterEvolutionFiles - http://www.mediafire.com/?5diwcanr544bv2w. Unzip them and copy/paste them to Unreal Tournament 2004/System folder.

But I am revising the map again. Deleting the TeamProgressVolume, and editing the Destructible Objectives (Generators). And will repost the download.

REVISION: I made several changes to the map so the download links has been updated. The map should play smoothly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:39 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 16:29 »
I dunno about the mut and the other files + the 57 meg map file.

Better see what Raj thinks how it will work on the server - unless maybe it's only meant for Single Play in which case pretty much anything goes.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 18:28 »
too big indeed

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 18:42 »
 :hmm: To Snipe34,

Can you use the map without the extra files? I made it specifically for KF. It was made for Death Warrant Monster Evolution.

:occupied: To MiA Raj,

If Snipe34 can play it without the added files (which aren't really neccessary), then can you upload it it on the server so we can try it out? (Please...)

ionut_09

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 19:39 »
good work

[MiA]Zaid

• Boom headshot
    • Storm98

ionut_09

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 20:12 »
:lol: copyright

Snipe34

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 20:29 »
:hmm: To Snipe34,

Can you use the map without the extra files? I made it specifically for KF. It was made for Death Warrant Monster Evolution.

:occupied: To MiA Raj,

If Snipe34 can play it without the added files (which aren't really neccessary), then can you upload it it on the server so we can try it out? (Please...)

Sure, just make it smaller.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59 »
 :throwupinmouth: To ionut_09,

copyright
I googled the author and couldn't get any e-mail or PM. There was nothing. I tried to find out about the guy but didn't get anything. So it's fair game.

:win: To Snipe34,

Uh... That's the size the original author made it. I figured it is about the same as Horztal with its objectives.

Snipe34

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 04:32 »
:throwupinmouth: To ionut_09,

copyright
I googled the author and couldn't get any e-mail or PM. There was nothing. I tried to find out about the guy but didn't get anything. So it's fair game.

:win: To Snipe34,

Uh... That's the size the original author made it. I figured it is about the same as Horztal with its objectives.

yours is 75mb nearly double horztal20, and you say there's a mut too.  We've gone over this before and Raj has told you too.  We've spent hours trying to fix your maps.
The map with the random submarine for instance - why it was in the map I still don't know.  Another map with several hundred emitters. like the sub, nothing to do with the map itself.  Another map in excess of 150mb all up, or was it 200...  Not to mention basic pathing, the list goes on.  The one map you have on the server, I made that playable.

So I ask myself, what's wrong with this effort besides it's huge.  And it has tacked on files, but I already explained mylevel to you, several times, so wasting my time means nothing to you, huh?

I offered to help you learn - start with a small map.  I've suggested before make something similar to Zaid's Box.  It works, people like it.  All this and you keep pushing me to hurry with KFZ - but drop everything for another map, "ready to play."  Dude, I really don't mind helping you, as I've also said several times, but you need to listen.  You don't and that's very frustrating.

Do you see that the result is you're being unfair to me, to Raj?  You think it's ok to take our time, because you yourself can't be bothered to learn how to make a basic working map?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:46 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 08:37 »

I wasn't being nasty. I was just saying that the map was made that way - with several objectives in mind. If you were to detract some of the things, then it would be defeating the purpose. Besides, the last part - the arena - is the highlight of the map.

As for the other maps - (like KF-MahloeehOldTunnel) yes you're right. It had too much things in it that is not related to the map. I was learning how to do the COUNTERS in that map. I couldn't figure out how to make the doors work. But later found out that pixel was using the trader door to activate the counters. Thus I wound up with extra baggages (copied/deleted stuffs from OldeTower). I tried to delete as much as I can but I got really frustrated and didn't delete all of the OldeTower meshes.

I am trying to think how I can minimize the map since the last part is the important one. I will do my best to make it lesser.

And THOSE EXTRA FILES (the ones you call MUT files), did you need them? Can we do without those?

We've spent hours trying to fix your maps.
I probably haven't express myself the way I was supposed to but I REALLY do appreciate the things that you've done to FIX my maps.

The one map you have on the server, I made that playable.
Thank you much. I try to help you too on other things like KFZ.

So all that said, I will try my best to make the map take up less RAM.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:20 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 18:36 »
"A working map that is a reasonable size for the server" probably under 50mb, all up.  But the final decision is Raj's.  I and probably others will advise him on that decision if he is unsure.

To clarify for you Poom.  Most people don't mind helping you learn, but very few will do your work for you.  There is a big difference.  You seem to take the company attitude that those who do your work are your employees - because you name most of your maps with MaloheehMapWhatever.ut2 when in fact Raj, I and the original mapper deserve the credit.  All you do is find a map on the net - throw in a few paths - which need redoing; overstocked them with pickups, half of which need removing - is a brief summary of the maps you find.  Then you add the name Mahloeeh map...

Therefore, realize if you want a map on the server, you need to learn how to map.  Entitling your Miasma map threads with "Ready for Download" is wrong.

Nocturne may be a fantastic map that you dearly want it in KF, well then fix it.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 18:49 »

To clarify for you Poom.  Most people don't mind helping you learn, but very few will do your work for you.  There is a big difference.  You seem to take the company attitude that those who do your work are your employees - because you name most of your maps with MaloheehMapWhatever.ut2 when in fact Raj, I and the original mapper deserve the credit.  All you do is find a map on the net - throw in a few paths - which need redoing; overstocked them with pickups, half of which need removing - is a brief summary of the maps you find.  Then you add the name Mahloeeh map...
You're right, as usual. But I do want other people to enjoy the map. I just want to share the map. And I didn't say that my maps are perfect, just playable.

Entitling your Miasma map threads with "Ready for Download" is wrong.
Okay. Changing the title to almost finished.