Out Of Hell Custom Map  (Read 21383 times)

Snipe34

Re: Out Of Hell Custom Map
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 23:24 »
Nice work again.  Although the whole low-res experience for me equates with the licking plaster on a wall.  Bland and tasteless.  I, like most of rest of the world except probably outer Tibet, remote Afghanistan, the part of NY you live in and retro gamers - have moved to HD.  It's like I said before, people like to be immersed in what they're playing.  I guess you have an imagination that fills in the HD spaces, but sadly I don't.  I like to see hi-res.

Apart from that, fantastic work Poom!

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30 »
 :megusta:

Well, I am just a poor man. I have to make the mod work on my miserly 4GB RAM, HP laptop, thus the need for lower resolution (800 by 600). And I had to add ZONE PORTALS to my maps to make them less laggy.

Snipe34

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 18:06 »
:megusta:

Well, I am just a poor man. I have to make the mod work on my miserly 4GB RAM, HP laptop, thus the need for lower resolution (800 by 600). And I had to add ZONE PORTALS to my maps to make them less laggy.

I know, Poom, and I know you so I got used to your low-res.  But other people who don't know you will only see the low-res blur.  They won't appreciate all your hard work which is a little sad is all I'm saying.  Maybe, just for the vids you could go into lag mode and use hi-res.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 13:57 »
 :pft:

Anyways, here is more progress report on OOH Expanded -- http://www.moddb.com/company/ooh-expanded/forum/thread/ooh-expanded-updates.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 13:56 »
 :throwupinmouth:

More on the 4th map on my OOH Expanded work. I am almost finish with map 4. Placed the triggers, path nodes, switches, routes and a hangar.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 14:01 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 16:43 »
phew Poom, a few switches in there  ???

I know this is UTk4 forum (sry Raj), but fyi UDK has the switches integrated into Kismet and Matinee with a graphic GUI.  If you know UTk4 mapping it's like that but improved in all areas I've worked with so far.  Even sizing and resizing bsp is easy click and drag.

Thanks for the nice hi res screenies Poom, I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts there  :)

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 07:23 »
 :herpderp:

Notwithstanding, I have more pictures to post on the progress on OOH Expanded. I have borrowed Chicken+Ribs visual effects (aides) to show my character waiting and waving to the choppa for pick up.

And a screenshot of map 5 of underground passageways.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:25 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 15:06 »
Nice work Poom  ;D

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 17:01 »
 :nothingtodohere:

Thank you sir. By the way, how's KFZ coming along? Maybe you should try making a story map for it, as an aside?

Snipe34

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 22:22 »

Thank you sir. By the way, how's KFZ coming along? Maybe you should try making a story map for it, as an aside?

OOH custom is coming along, Poom! 

Coincidentally I'm working on 2 sm KFZ maps - learning how it's done.  A lot of LOD involved ie: 1 LOD static mesh model for close up with normal maps, shine, etc.  The 2 LOD seen from a distance with ordinary pics and reduced mesh.  I'll post over on the KFZ thread.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 11:19 »

OOH custom is coming along, Poom!

Yes sir. I have been updating the maps and the story line of the expansion regularly -- http://www.moddb.com/company/ooh-expanded/forum/thread/ooh-expanded-updates.

I gave my character a name, Mahl Leacius. He is a good friend of the main character on Out Of Hell original mod, Donovan Ling. I gave him a Roman (Latin) last name. And so far, I have him go from one location to another to look for Sarge. Sarge went missing when headquarters was attacked by the infecteds. One of the devastated but still surviving friend of Sarge saw Sarge go through the kennel to escape the melee.

As he left headquarters, he was plunged into a semi-nightmare with hordes of infecteds trying to get his autograph (as you see below). One of the objectives that I gave the player on this map is to greet each neighbor with a smile - NOT! Eliminate as many infecteds so he can get passage to the other side of the place.

Anyways, below are pictures of my map 8:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:24 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42 »
hard working poom.  It's looking pretty  ;D

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 04:13 »

Thanks for the compliment. You're not doing so bad yourself with all the coding and modelling. At least we both have things going in the area of gameplay and map making.

I do have one thing that I want desperately to happen. And that is create a story on this maps that I have been working on.

Snipe34

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 21:38 »

Thanks for the compliment. You're not doing so bad yourself with all the coding and modelling. At least we both have things going in the area of gameplay and map making.

I do have one thing that I want desperately to happen. And that is create a story on this maps that I have been working on.

You should have np with Story using aiScriptedTriggers.  Can copy some out of Horztal.  Probably the one up above the entrance and to back of the entrance fence - it's mainly sirens but you can change that.  It randomizes zombie spawns, like 1/triggered 2/if random.. sth and sth is probably the number out of 10 chances for a spawn, I think I put 7.  Then it goes to line 2 again, rolls the dice out of 10.  I'm not sure if there's another trigger involved with that 'Random out of 10' somewhere else.

If you can't work it out I can check later what exactly I did -- depending if you want random spawns :)

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 04:25 »

I added zombies spawns in map 9.