Mouse4 and mouse5 not working!  (Read 7196 times)

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
Mouse4 and mouse5 not working!
« on: June 18, 2017, 12:53 »
Hi guys :)

I don't know how but maybe after an update, I suddenly found that my mouse4 and mouse5 key stopped working in unreal. Outside unreal, the keys work (eg: in my browser).

I checked mouse in other computer with unreal and it works there (windows 10 but not updated regularly).

I edited user.ini and coded the mouse4 and  mouse5 and hence it appears in the list of keybinds in configure controls. There was no way to get them there without editing user.ini as mouse click was not being detected for 4 and 5.

So, what fix could you all suggest?

Personally I feel that the windows update replaced mouse driver by microsoft driver which unreal cannot connect to. However, the mouse sure can function in the OS.

Help guys as I cannot score flags without shield call as normally I have a pack of the best running after my life :D

Thank you in advance and have an awesome weeekend.

Best,
Hellfire_back

Rack!

Re: Mouse4 and mouse5 not working!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 15:50 »
Mmmm... Maybe the problem are the drivers as you say. Try to uninstall the drivers and install again. I had the same problem and I fixed uninstall the drivers, but I used ccleaner before install the drivers.

Well... Maybe it's no a solution for you but you can try  8)

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 16:23 »
Try: device Manager / find your mouse / properties / driver / ~ roll back

france 1998

• Full MemberĀ 
  • Un bel avion est un avion qui vole bien.
    • TheNoobPilote
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 18:40 »
Hi guys :)

I don't know how but maybe after an update, I suddenly found that my mouse4 and mouse5 key stopped working in unreal. Outside unreal, the keys work (eg: in my browser).

I checked mouse in other computer with unreal and it works there (windows 10 but not updated regularly).

I edited user.ini and coded the mouse4 and  mouse5 and hence it appears in the list of keybinds in configure controls. There was no way to get them there without editing user.ini as mouse click was not being detected for 4 and 5.

So, what fix could you all suggest?

Personally I feel that the windows update replaced mouse driver by microsoft driver which unreal cannot connect to. However, the mouse sure can function in the OS.

Help guys as I cannot score flags without shield call as normally I have a pack of the best running after my life :D

Thank you in advance and have an awesome weeekend.

Best,
Hellfire_back

Hello
Uninstall the driver and install it I had the same problem with the mouse razer yet it works well it is the update that had to modify
by France the best

Avi.BEST.noob

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 21:53 »
i use a simple logitech mouse with left click , right click and middle wheel , hope that helps

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 21:18 »
MB4 and MB5 are pretty standard buttons, I usually don't need to install any special drivers or apps to be able to use them.

If you have some vendor specific software installed for your mouse, you could try uninstalling that.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:06 »
I have a Logitech Master MX, it uses Logitech Options. I don't know if there's a third party way or if you have driver software for yours but if I can't use any of the 6 buttons on my mouse in-game I can go through the program and set them to emulate a key press, like - or / or something. Maybe try looking into something like that?
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

hellfire

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 22:23 »
Hey guys :) Thanks a lot for your replies. Am sorry I got late in my reply. My mouse suddenly started working. I did the un-install of drivers. Don't know if that is what worked. But god such a relief!!

Hellfire_back ready to be on fire again ;)

Thanks a ton for all your suggestions and for sharing your experiences.

Have a good time and gaming ahead :)

Best,
Hellfire_back

hellfire

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 22:26 »
Btw, my mouse is amazon best seller cheap one. 5500 DPI ZELOTOS. Looks outstanding and gives all the functions I need ;) Glad all you wonderful guys pitched in :) :) . I thought of emulating keys like suggested by Aeva but after following driver unistall as suggested by all, all good hehe