Buglist  (Read 25049 times)

Audrey-Rafael

Re: Buglist
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 04:43 »
Can this happen because screaming is actually faster losing her head. so she can she before she dies

Hicks

• Lurker
    • id8
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 20:25 »
but WTF how the hell can a siren scream with no head
Hm... i think if you kill her after she started screaming then it's a after-effect. If you killed her and she screams at death moment it's just a death scream... isn't it obvious? She's not walking without head, she just died - so what's the problem?

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 22:19 »
Actually, the problem is, I kill the siren before she scream and I get hurt by the scream... but, she was dead when she was screaming, it happen to me a lot.

Vanico

• Loves KF and makes maps.
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 22:30 »
It always happens...

It's not supposed to be realistic.
It's just her death scream. I mean: Sirens would be easy as hell without the after effect.
First of all it's a balancing problem.

If you ask me, we should keep the death scream and ONLY disable it when her head is shot off.

Audrey-Rafael

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 15:14 »
I just believe her attack is actually delayed, which would explain this damn bug. it is not a bug, it is just that she already attacked, before dying.

Medic_Jockgoma9

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 18:10 »
If you stand in front of a static mesh or a wall and knife it, blood will appear and you'll hear an appendant sound.
Does this count as a bug?
This could also be considered as a mess up on the mappers end.
Also I keep getting an annoying reloading glitch with the regular shotgun and the winchester rifle. Most of the time when I reload a shotgun or winchester the animation for the reload stops before the last bullet is loaded into the gun. This really doesn't cause a problem in the actual game other than the fact that I can't tell how far into the last bullet loading I am. Also, I have been getting an annoying bug with the winchester rifle that stops me from reloading it even when I have extra ammo left for it, this bug can be worked around by simply switching to a different weapon then switching back to the winchester rifle, however this could be devastating in a pinch seeing as how it could slightly disorient a player and cost them some of their precious time. Also is the normal shotgun not being fireable in the air a bug or just a feature? Another bug is auto ammo not replenishing 9mm ammo when you have other guns even when you have the extra money to replenish it from the ammo menu.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 13:59 »

Not necessarily. As far as I know, this is something in the game codee that was overlooked.
Although, I think under StaticMeshActor Properties > Collision > SurfaceType might do the job (changing it to EST_Rock for example).
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Medic_Jockgoma9

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 18:47 »

Not necessarily. As far as I know, this is something in the game codee that was overlooked.
Although, I think under StaticMeshActor Properties > Collision > SurfaceType might do the job (changing it to EST_Rock for example).
Right, sorry about that. I just thought it had something to do with the material used for the actual wall. My bad I guess.

Snipe34

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 20:32 »
Yep, coder bug.

But I can't fix that bug or any bug, or modify the mod - as I've said - that's the rule by the content and name owners, Tripwire, who own the copyrights.

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 15:54 »
 :areyoukidding:

But I can't fix that bug or any bug, or modify the mod - as I've said - that's the rule by the content and name owners, Tripwire, who own the copyrights.

That's the thing I don't understand. Killing Floor is a modification of the Unreal Tournament 2004 game, which for all intensive purposes, is owned by Epic Games! So Alex Quick made the mod (by changing codes in the UT2004 game) which in itself is an infringement but is allowed by Epic Games.

The thing is Epic Games allows mods to be made in its game, as well as mutators (which is a code editing application). I think Tripwire is tripping on cross-wire!

Snipe34

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 16:16 »
:areyoukidding:

That's the thing I don't understand. Killing Floor is a modification of the Unreal Tournament 2004 game, which for all intensive purposes, is owned by Epic Games! So Alex Quick made the mod (by changing codes in the UT2004 game) which in itself is an infringement but is allowed by Epic Games.

The thing is Epic Games allows mods to be made in its game, as well as mutators (which is a code editing application). I think Tripwire is tripping on cross-wire!

I know how you feel Poom, but it works this way: the content made by Alex & co was copyright to them (which is how all copywrite works, eg, this post is copyright to me, but Raj has the right to decide if it complies with the rules of his board - legally it cannot be copied around the net without my permission, and ultimately Raj').  Similarly KF is partly owned by UT2004 by default - I haven't read UT2004's legal agreement re mods.
Alex & co being the owners of KF Content sold that to Tripwire, so they now own the copyright.  So it's about content.  Pics, mesh and code of KF.  Tripwire also made it clear they would rather the mod was stopped, but they have no say in content released as a free mod.  The only say they have is that the free mod content cannot be modified further.