White Screen  (Read 7281 times)

dakoslug

• dakoslug
White Screen
« on: April 22, 2011, 20:05 »
Hey, my friend  is having trouble when he gets hit. Every time he gets hit  (most of the time hit badly) . He get's a white screen for like 10 seconds and sometimes more if we don't heal him right away (if he's hit badly). We have had hit blur unchecked at the start and it still happens. What settings should he have? He's computer is slightly over minimum for ut2004.

dakoslug

• dakoslug
Re: White Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 22:16 »
Also, everytime we tried checking hit blur, we press back and it unchecks. It happens with me and him.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 22:53 »
That's a bit strange problem. What GFX does he have?

You could try changing the renderdevice in KFMod.ini file: in Engine.Engine section, find "RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice" line and comment it (put ";" in front of the line). Find ";RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice" line and uncomment that.
Although that probably won't solve anything.

Are his drivers up-to-date? Maybe some odd Intel graphics? OS is Windows, right?

I can't check Hit Bluer either, but that's a pointless feature anyway.

dakoslug

• dakoslug
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 18:45 »
We also found posts about this about the retail version of Killing Floor. They said if u uncheck it, you should be fine. The thing is, although I have hitblur unchecked I still have hit blur. So they're maybe some error in the settings?

I'll try ur suggestions.

OS is Windows. I know graphics card is the problem but it can easily be fixed if we can disable hit blur.

dakoslug

• dakoslug
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 13:53 »
We've played in both your server which I think is dedicated and we've played in ours (listen) plus we've played in dedicated.
We'll recheck this.

I'll try the ini suggestion.
BTW the other suggestion didn't work.

dakoslug

• dakoslug
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 15:30 »
Has he ever tried playing on a dedicated server?

I think I've only had hit blur in listen servers. Not 100% sure though. Maybe you could disable hit blur from KFMod20.ini (look for "blur" or something - I can't check it right now).

There's no word "blur" in the KFmod20.ini :S

Snipe34

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 21:18 »
KFMod20User.ini

bHitBlurEnabled=False

Try (in KFMod20User.ini) on the next line after hitblur=False  BlurAlpha=0

I hope it works.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 22:05 by Snipe34 »

Snipe34

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 01:42 »
Dakoslug told me the guy has an old TNT 64meg card.  There will be problems with that so a change of settings won't fix it :/

Nope ><

From Dakoslug: "yeah but isn't the KIlling Floor retail more demanding? He runs absoletly fine without Motion blur. And people with 32 mb vid cards had the same probably he did with the retail..and they fixed it through disablling motion blur.
I guess if thats the problem..there is really no fix?"

I'll ask Hamada to look at the V3 UI
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:07 by Snipe34 »

N3Cr0

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 15:19 »
I don't wanna demand too much, but  I hope he also has an idea to fix the welder display - which is completely empty when I play the game on Linux.
It seems that it's just a problem with the graphic libs and the way this display is programmed - The Windows version of UT2k4 uses DirectX, the Linux version just OpenGL
http://n3cr0.itch.io/

xmpp: n3cr0@jabber.ccc.de