Hello  (Read 6119 times)

Shads

Hello
« on: August 01, 2019, 18:53 »
Hi all.
I found Kops on reddit and he directed me here. I heard there might be a few old titan regulars lurking about. I recently re-installed. Alas my faithful dell is dead. Currently playing on an ageing laptop to keep me well stocked with excuses. How is everyone? Feel free to PM me an update about your life if you know me, its been a decade guys!
What is the deal with the server set-up, who runs it? I played a little bit of freon last night, lots of ammo for everything! Be good to see you all in game soon! Kops told me I could get some hot, fresh goop here, is there a queue?

Best,
Shadow.T32

Piglet

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 19:35 »
Fresh hot goop he calls it.... Hmmm... Smells like corn flour to me...

Welcome Shadow!

Currently I'm mostly running things. The chap who set up passed things over before he disappeared. I've been coding and adding stuff for the last year or so.

The setup here is cheap and cheerful, but not really powerful enough for the warfare server at full load and on *cough*poorly optimised maps*cough*

Whilst I can code, I can't map. I can do bad hacks...but that's not good enough to fix the big open maps. Justice is doing a great job where he can.

We're thinking of getting a more powerful server, but the CPU we want isn't available to buy yet...

Freon is fine though. 16 players isn't a problem for the CPU core dedicated to it.

Do check out the Freon guide linked on the front page...there have been some gameplay changes over the years.

Welcome!

Shads

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 22:41 »
Hi Pig,
Good to see you! Had a look at the guide, was very helpful. You thaw with a lot more health than before, changes the dynamic. And lots of ammo for lightning. I always remember being ammo strapped before.... guess I'll thaw more. Where is the server physically, in the UK? Sounds like everything is in good hands server wise. Is Warfare Onslaught or some new variation of? Things have changed. It's been good to play some freon again! Hope the family is well.
Shadow

Piglet

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 22:51 »
All good thanks.

The server's in Frankfurt - it's a 2 core VPS.

Warfare is a lot of VCTF and some ONS. Tonight it's playing Assault too (not my fav but just checking it works OK)

Family is very well thanks.

Shads

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 23:02 »
All good thanks.

The server's in Frankfurt - it's a 2 core VPS.

Warfare is a lot of VCTF and some ONS. Tonight it's playing Assault too (not my fav but just checking it works OK)

Family is very well thanks.
Glad to hear it! I guess your kids will be going to University soon! I will have a look at the warfare server one evening, sounds intriguing. Had some good times on that crazy RPG VCTF server titan had for a while.

kops

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 08:49 »
Hey Hey!  Great to see you, chap.  The forums aren't as active as Titan but the servers are great. ONS plays second fiddle to VCTF on the Warfare server right now so if you're looking for revenge for several years of spam abuse, you'll find me on the Freon server :)

DeathByDribbling

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 19:09 »
Hi Pig,
Good to see you! Had a look at the guide, was very helpful. You thaw with a lot more health than before, changes the dynamic. And lots of ammo for lightning. I always remember being ammo strapped before.... guess I'll thaw more. Where is the server physically, in the UK? Sounds like everything is in good hands server wise. Is Warfare Onslaught or some new variation of? Things have changed. It's been good to play some freon again! Hope the family is well.
Shadow
Hello :)

Congrats on finding the hidden ex-titan community.  I quite like the new freon, full health thaw makes for big turn overs.

Blub

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 18:33 »
Hi all.
I found Kops on reddit and he directed me here. [...] How is everyone? Feel free to PM me an update about your life if you know me, its been a decade guys!

Best,
Fake-Shadow.T32

I also found Kops and yesterday he mentioned that I should look out for you on the forums - therefore welcome back, fake Shadow.  ;) :D

Best regards,
Blub (let's see if you remember me  ;D)

Molgan[ApA]

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 20:04 »
You don't remember me because I had 300+ ping to Titan (played there a few times anyway because it was great), but hello. =)
Drunken_Ninja