[Concept] Rage Quit  (Read 4648 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
[Concept] Rage Quit
« on: April 20, 2019, 12:10 »
We all know what a "rage quite" really is. Now, if I were to code a mutator which identifies the rage quit and broadcasts the message "Rage Quit" in red color with some announcer sound effects, to the player, the next time player joins, how dope do you think it would be  :))
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Piglet

Re: [Concept] Rage Quit
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 12:41 »
I don't think any code could identify the difference between "rage quit" and "significant other/dependent person needed me immediately"

Defty

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 13:29 »
I don't think any code could identify the difference between "rage quit" and "significant other/dependent person needed me immediately"

Have it only happen if they quit within x seconds of being killed or after the enemy team scores  ;D

kops

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 14:27 »
Yeah it's a nice idea but when I'm needed elsewhere I'll often wait until I'm killed to quit out the game.

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 18:35 »
Me too. Or I'll use my adrenaline to thaw a teammate, die doing it and then leave to deal with the situation.

Sometimes I just have t

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 22:42 »
It is quite simple. You just know it is rage quit (the feeling and the human instincts). Implementing is equally complex. I will be writing
a learning agent, who over time will start recognizing such events. I'll need AI libraries from Nvidia, Facebook and IBM and native
codebase to build an interface (uscript <-> libraries). Human input for such learning is crucial.
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:57 »
Have it only happen if they quit within x seconds of being killed or after the enemy team scores  ;D

Done  8)

https://github.com/ravimohan1991/RageQuit/blob/master/Release/RageQuit1.zip

ReadMe for quick introduction
https://github.com/ravimohan1991/RageQuit/blob/master/Release/RageQuit1/ReadMe.pdf

Now time to go back to learning AI and compiling UT4! (scratching my head and searching for the Coffee emoji :D)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:08 by The_Cowboy »