DM-Goosetrast  (Read 15603 times)

proof

• 1337proof
    • Fledermausgremlin
DM-Goosetrast
« on: January 02, 2021, 16:47 »
As promised a few days ago, here is an attempt to combine Contrast and Goose.
Im not 100% satisfied with some solutions but its decent imo. Report bugs to me if you find any.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06369911102980976715
Currently playing as Kobe

holyspam

Re: DM-Goosetrast
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 17:39 »
omg we're f***ed

nice

Blub

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 17:52 »
I gave this a try for a couple of rounds - i already like what you did there. The transition from elements of both maps into the respective other is really nice. I was confused somtimes about where to go because of that, but I think that is one of the points of it.

I didn't find any bugs in my first run but there is one area of the map where I'd make a little change. The area on Goose where (afair) pick up the big shield is mostly blocked now as you cannot access the lift anymore. This might lead to a deathtrap in freon once there are multiple players killed/frozen. Hags will most likely praise it and warm up his goop gun, but maybe you can do something about this room.

Other than that I'd like to see in on the server for multiplayer testing.  :)

hagis

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 19:22 »
it's on the server :)

nice job Kobe,. it's joined in non-obvious way,. which I think is a benefit as it creates unexpected areas that don't exist in either map and that's a good thing,. v cool  8)

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 22:51 »
Thanks! I like it.

There are a few changes I'd like to see please from the first game - and I'm sure there will be lots more suggestions too:

You can wall-dodge jump up here - but a little more wall to the side would help

This area is a bit of a dead end. It would be interesting to try adding all three of the things marked below to give a lot of different routes out - the lift back, a tunnel through to the open area marked, or some Contrasty bit taking you to the read of the Goose DD

I can think of a reason to go in here...but why would I want to come out of this hole? I need somewhere to go on the opposite side to get somewhere...

This lamp gets in the way of jumps up there. It's still possible but that gets in the way.

Can we have a hole through to the spokes of Goose (see screenshot below this one for the exit) so we can jump to it from the two holes above or the lift/pipe...?

The pipe is a pain. It's slippy on the curve (which the ones in contrast aren't), and if you fall between it and the wall then you can't move properly - please can you make it so that someone can stand on it and not fall between it and the wall? Maybe move it a very little further away from the corner

kops

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 23:22 »
Really enjoyed it. The game took place 90% in the Goose sections but was fun.

proof

• 1337proof
    • Fledermausgremlin
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 00:01 »
@Piglet:

Screenshot 1:
You dont need a jump-walldodge-jump to get up there. A simple double jump from the edge of the stairs is enough to get up there. I know many players use a jump-walldodge-jump on contrast at that corner (including myself), but this corner of the map already looks ugly af imo so Id rather not make it more ugly  :D

Screenshot 2:
I like the 3rd idea of having a small tunnel that drops onto the amp. Gonna include that one. A hole for the lift was also on my mind and then speed up the lfit so you can lift jump to both of the upper floors. Instead of a tunnel that leads to the flag I had something else on my mind:
A 2nd stairs that leads from the 50a upper area to that dead end room. theres not much space left but it should work. Heres a bad sketch for better understanding what I mean

Screenshot 3&4&5:
The lamp has always been there. So it mustve been in the way in contrast already. but I can move it a little bit.
The pipe isnt exactly slippy". There used to be the platform above it but since theres no enough space for that I removed it and added a blocking volume above it (similar to the one next to the lift in windows room). The angle doesnt let you sit on top.
My suggestion (if any) is a small tunnel that leads to the bridge. See screenshot:

@All:
Here are other changes and fixes Ive already implemented for the next version:

1:
Blocking for the Pipes added. Collision from the hanging lamp removed so you can jump throught it

2:
Small slopes on the hole added so the transition from the lower flak room to flak room is much smoother and you dont have to jump twice

3:
Platform extended a little bit so you can dodgejump from the chimney to the other side

Piglet

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 01:20 »
Nice. Thanks. Looking forward to trying the next version

hagis

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 12:11 »

I very often go this route from the round start if spawning on that ramp,. you are sort of left jumping on to the wall pipes to the left but I guess it is possible to jump down to the left to get on the lower level

Miauz55555

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 16:40 »
It looked nice on the first look. You may want to add some ZoneSound -> ZoneEffect in all ZoneInfos.

Blub

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2021, 18:42 »

This area is a bit of a dead end. It would be interesting to try adding all three of the things marked below to give a lot of different routes out - the lift back, a tunnel through to the open area marked, or some Contrasty bit taking you to the read of the Goose DD

I can think of a reason to go in here...but why would I want to come out of this hole? I need somewhere to go on the opposite side to get somewhere...

That's exactly the area I was talking about.

2:
Small slopes on the hole added so the transition from the lower flak room to flak room is much smoother and you dont have to jump twice

Looking forward to see how this version feels like now.

I very often go this route from the round start if spawning on that ramp, load up my goop and splat it into the very next enemy available, sometimes even killing myself in the process.

Fixed that for you. >:D :))

Piglet

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 19:29 »
Is there a new version to try?

hagis

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 19:50 »

I very often go this route from the round start if spawning on that ramp, load up my goop and splat it into the very next enemy available, sometimes even killing myself in the process.

Fixed that for you. >:D :))

tactical suicide is a legitimate tactic in some cases :P

proof

• 1337proof
    • Fledermausgremlin
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 22:09 »
@Mauzi: I dont see anything wrong with the already existing ambient sounds

@Piglet: There will be by tomorrow evening ;)

proof

• 1337proof
    • Fledermausgremlin
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 01:59 »