my new map: Hell City  (Read 7968 times)

!iHe_Man!i

my new map: Hell City
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:03 »
is my first map, has no path nods, so be generous ... it's kind of big ... and has some cool sound effects
and enjoying, I have a little problem with the servers ...
appear instead of the servers of KF, the ONS servers are appearing UT2004
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it  ;D

link corrected

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPCT14TT
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:55 by !iHe_Man!i »

Snipe34

Re: my new map: Hell City
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:20 »
is my first map, has no path nods, so be generous ... it's kind of big ... and has some cool sound effects
and enjoying, I have a little problem with the servers ...
appear instead of the servers of KF, the ONS servers are appearing UT2004
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it  ;D

link corrected

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPCT14TT

Congrats on your first map!!

"no path nods?"  You mean "no path nodes?"  Is that what you mean?

To make it a KF map you need to use the KF editor.  Then you must prefix your map name with: "KF-"

You used a huge amount of custom stuff to make it 59meg compressed - sounds?

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 13:01 »
Tested it. It kind of reminds me KF-Evacuation. Except it's filled with stuff.

Some problems i found:
- you can just walk outside the map from both ends of tha street
- Zombies can't reach you when you're standing on some objects.
- it's huge map (in file size).

I think it could be made more interesting if it was possible to go inside some of the houses.

It needs some fixes but overall i really like the map. Looks like Out of Hell mod.

!iHe_Man!i

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 17:25 »
Tested it. It kind of reminds me KF-Evacuation. Except it's filled with stuff.

Some problems i found:
- you can just walk outside the map from both ends of tha street
- Zombies can't reach you when you're standing on some objects.
- it's huge map (in file size).

I think it could be made more interesting if it was possible to go inside some of the houses.

It needs some fixes but overall i really like the map. Looks like Out of Hell mod.

actually I used the textures and static meshes mod out of hell and that this map h kf-evacuation? Drive the zombies not because it applied the path nodes and not ready, do not put blocks yet, so you can get out of town
no items to pick up as weapons, etc.
I think the map is half dark and really have to make a place to enter.
I'm too lazy to fix the map, and I am already with an idea to make another map 8)

!iHe_Man!i

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 17:30 »
thank you! ie, path nodes. :P

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 19:09 »
 8) To !He_Man!,

I just downloaded your map. I'll try it and see what I can help you with. You don't mind if I change things in your map that I find I need to change? Then post it for download...okay?

!iHe_Man!i

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 20:23 »
ok!

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 15:49 »
 >:( To !He_Man!,

Okay. Finally got to a computert with internet access. The internet at home is messed up. My faggy neighbors are messing with it. They must be yanking on it! Maybe they got tired of yanking on their you-know-what! Anyways, here's the link -- http://www.filefront.com/16111665/KF_Hell_City.zip/. NOTE: I included a trader in the middle of the map. A placed a barrel by the entrance as a marker. Plus I added path nodes all over. Then I changed the zombie spawning system. I played the map and it worked out all right. Make the changes you want to make.

Snipe34

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 22:52 »
Omfg Hell City is almost a mod in itself :)

Nice map, nice tex and amazing statics.  But let me moan about the pathing ^^ Please have a look at my tutorial on pathing.

Excellent work !heMan!

!iHe_Man!i

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 21:28 »

Okay. Finally got to a computert with internet access. The internet at home is messed up. My faggy neighbors are messing with it. They must be yanking on it! Maybe they got tired of yanking on their you-know-what! Anyways, here's the link -- http://www.filefront.com/16111665/KF_Hell_City.zip/. NOTE: I included a trader in the middle of the map. A placed a barrel by the entrance as a marker. Plus I added path nodes all over. Then I changed the zombie spawning system. I played the map and it worked out all right. Make the changes you want to make.
okay, I'm downloading right now!

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 15:16 »
 :-[ To !He_Man!,

One more thing I failed to mention is the addition of blocking volumes. I placed blocking volumes at several dead end areas! You can change their location/size where you desire. Also, you can add more zombie spawn points by adding teleporters to the hexagonal zombie spawn area and you map. Your map is crazy kool! I jumped onto cars, fences, even cement blocks to keep from being decimated. Snipe34 complained about the path nodes. He has every right to do so. I just added them and didn't bother to straigthen them out. Too many. Maybe you can do that. BTW (by the way), thank you for the constructive comment, S34! Are we going to see more of your  crazy but kool maps?