Server discussion  (Read 23207 times)

Grim_Fandango

Re: Server discussion
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2019, 00:56 »
I'd happily support pay for play if all players were "clean".
Although I'd hate to put money into a server that allows botters and cheaters access.
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

Romulus

• ❤️JL❤️
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2019, 06:06 »
I'd happily support pay for play if all players were "clean".
Although I'd hate to put money into a server that allows botters and cheaters access.

Egyetértek!!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 13:59 by Romulus »

Piglet

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2019, 09:20 »
I'd happily support pay for play ...

We'll never do pay for play. The server will remain free to play for all players who are not a problem.

It costs money to provision and run the server. This week I have committed to buying a new physical server. It will be housed in a commercial data-centre. Those things cost.

If people enjoy playing on the server, we'd welcome regular donations (£1 or £2 a month through the regular paypal option on the donation link would be great!) to help keep things running.

We have quite a few active admins. Where we get legitimate reports of cheats or problem players (or we see them ourselves) we ban them.

We do not "allow" botters and cheats. However, try the Freon server in the evening and you will see players who are so good you would be easily fooled into thinking that they are cheating.

Piglet

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2019, 12:23 »
I apologise for any lags you may see over the course of the day...I'm making backups ready for testing the new server.