If you find your server browser isn't working - this may be the fix  (Read 3920 times)

Piglet

In user.ini, if you have any number greater than 20,000 in this section, then your server browser will not work properly.

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=20000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

The warfare server now defaults you to this as you join, however you can set it higher if you think you need to. Remember to set netspeed back to no more than 20000 before you next want to use the server browser.

hagis

doh,. I've been seeing weird server browser issues and I think you've exactly nailed the problem.

most times I just type netspeed and then some random high number - couldn't work out why it sometimes worked :)

thanks!

jiRNGen

• Full MemberĀ 
Nice find! I'd not guess it.

Piglet

It took a lot of trial and error to find it. I thought I had one of those "corrupt ini" times you get occasionally.

I started with an entirely default set of ini's and added in the binds/tweaks/screen settings/sound settings etc that I wanted - testing out after each small change.

When I got to the configured netspeed the browser broke. At 20000 and below it was fine, above it was broken. Nardaq tried 20001 and it broke for him too.