Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks  (Read 32230 times)

Caracal

• caracalRus
Re: Anti-camping logic information - feel free to suggest tweeks
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 14:35 »
That's a very old trick (bug) from UT (1999). When you sit on smth thin and it moves, you stay in that place even if it is in the air.
It was even worse, it was image drop trick. Meaning that in such situation your image is projected somewhere on the ground. So you become invisible, and players are shooting your image without any effect. In UT2004 you can rarely become invisible like that, but also possible. Didn't you see "fire from the sky"?
I've seen that situations when a flagcarrier is shot from raptor and don't fall, waiting for another raptor.

But you cant fall and just freeze on the way. It's not how this bug works. Only if you are shot from the vehicle.

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 14:37 »
Ive seen something like that before, too. Two times in one match I pushed the flag carriers into the first hole, in front of our base. There was no raptor waiting, no alien jump. He/She just felt down the map, then he/she scored.
Did he die? Did you see him fall down?
You know, its possible to stay in that hole from where an alien jump is done?

Dr Bazillus

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 01:44 »
there was no alien jump... he just felt down and no half minute after he scored both times....

Ballz.XXL

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 13:42 »
there was no alien jump... he just felt down and no half minute after he scored both times....

hmm, that really sounds impossible to me

Piglet

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 17:39 »
Unless they got on to raptor under the hole from the alien jump point

Piglet

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 23:17 »
Back on topic. Shooting through the trees and camping in the treetops or on top of blocking volumes in Primeval should be a thing of the past

Halsey

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2017, 00:44 »
That sounds cool, does the change also include Bender campers through the trees?

Piglet

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2017, 11:40 »
No, but if you can show me where the bender has to be to do that (and it's an exploit) I can fix it. If you just mean where the benders are at each side and not cheating then less likely to do anything about it

Pics please :)

[MiA]NiiGeL

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 17:58 »
"I think I found a bug/glitch. Yesterday I've pushed enemy flag carrier out of map with shock combo, he fell down somewhere below their base and... he scored a point. I think it may be somehow related to that damage area around map (for raptors) and its equivalent near the flag. " said Mleko

Some days ago, as I was shot while I was carrying the flag and ballz was carrying me on his raptor
As I was crouching, I just stood in the middle of nowhere and didn't fall
I waited like 2 min (and god knows that  it's a long period in the game) and big ballz came with a new raptor, picked me up and made me score
So u can be shot and score though

https://imgur.com/a/FY8TR

This happend to me yesterday as u can see i'm stuck in the air, at least if i stop pressing C i will fall fown. And my raptor didn't came back so i had to kill myself^^ so i suggest everyone not to crouch on raptor while carrying flag or this could happened.

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 20:17 »
Can a raptor pick you up from that spot? Strange bug...something has to be done about it though  ::)

Piglet

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 21:28 »
Yes. A raptor should be able to. I wonder what causes it!

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 06:10 »
This happend to me yesterday as u can see i'm stuck in the air, at least if i stop pressing C i will fall fown. And my raptor didn't came back so i had to kill myself^^ so i suggest everyone not to crouch on raptor while carrying flag or this could happened.
You can use teamsay, you know. Maybe there is 1 good player who can understand situation and take raptor and you will score.

[MiA]NiiGeL

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 19:20 »
You can use teamsay, you know. Maybe there is 1 good player who can understand situation and take raptor and you will score.

u can't type in chat cuz once u stop pressing "C" button u will fall down and die.

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 04:55 »
u can't type in chat cuz once u stop pressing "C" button u will fall down and die.
I see. But I can, cause I use Shift for crouch.

Krellsan

• Full MemberĀ 
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 08:23 »
let's show off our buttons!