Point scoring - What counts?  (Read 4299 times)

Grim_Fandango

Point scoring - What counts?
« on: November 08, 2019, 13:42 »
Hi guys,

Could you please advise on which actions are awarded points, and which result in deductions from your score, as well as the amount awarded and deducted for each action.

Would it also be possible to gain points for returning the flag, as I believe this to be an important cause and worthy of at least 1 point for the player returning it.

Thank you.
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

Nardaq_NL

Re: Point scoring - What counts?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 15:01 »
As far i know everything is 1 point except:

VCTF:
Kill flag carrier: 3 points
ONS:
Kill node: max 5, depends on (shared) damage
Build a node: max 3 depends on (shared) building
build node: 1 point per 2 sec (to bad only the lead linker will get  the point when chain linking)

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 16:01 »
There are assist points for carrying flag in/on vehicles.

It's a little buggy as you get assist points to helping yourself!- and is on my list to fix

wife

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 17:07 »
---
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 14:48 by wife »
---

Piglet

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 22:33 »
The thaw points reward is configurable. It's currently set to 0.9 points per 50 health contributed to thawing.

If you're thawing with other players the thawing speed rises but the health points are divided by the number of players. If you're closer the thawing is faster.

So, if you're the only thawer and are there as the teammate gets fragged you'll get a little under 1.8 points for the thaw. If there's 5 of you thawing then you get the equivalent of 0.36 points for the thaw - and you'll get them when you get to the next 50 contibuted. Fractions add up.

Of course you're never there right at the death, and there's rarely just one player thawing on a good team.

The 0.9 per 50 has been arrived at by trial and error and seems about right now. The best thawers who can aim a bit get around the same points as the best aimers who can thaw a bit.

The old "you get points for being there at the thaw whether or not you were there from the start or whether you just turned up at the point the player thawed, and no reward if you thawed 99% then died" method of scoring thaws is still available for server admins who don't understand Freon want to configure it that way.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 22:34 by Piglet »