Another Horztal revision  (Read 4880 times)

Snipe34

Another Horztal revision
« on: March 29, 2013, 03:08 »
Will be on the server when Raj has time to upload it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1pehoddpoal3qjd
Changes:
Deleted some zombie spawns at the base of the lift in the complex.  That may mean the zombie timer will continue and players will have a chance to repawn.  I can't be 100% sure that will happen but less zombies should up the chances of no zombies and timer restart.
Cut some holes in the ceiling of the underground complex' passages for zombies to spawn, rather than they spawn mid-air.  Added activating pathnodes into the exit area from the house, so zombies can come from the house into the exit tunnel.

And course, the patty should be at mission end  ;D

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: Another Horztal revision
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 17:52 »
Cool, uploading...

Meenah Peixes

Re: Another Horztal revision
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:36 »
Here are some things I've noticed after completing it earlier today.

The first part of the map is by far the hardest. As soon as you get past the first area, the map becomes much easier. The only real threat past the first area are five or so Fleshpounds that randomly wander out when going to shut down the last part of the generator. Its easy to rlose past them though.

There are barely any enemies in the map after clearing out the spawners in the first area. The three Fleshpounds wandering around right in front of the facility's entrance were not much of a threat when Anti and I could safely blow them away with LAWs while we were on a hill. Same with the eight Stalkers that came out two at a time in the facility's top floor.  Three people with Hunting Shotguns make quick work of them. In v2, there would've been quite a few Fleshpounds at the entrance on both sides of the gate to the entrance while some Gorefasts roam around the street. Stalkers would've flooded the top floor and been accompanied by Crawlers or Gorefasts.

The constant fire damage while escaping the self-destructing facility on the top floor is annoying. The speed decreases you take as your health gets lower makes it hard to escape after your health has reached 60% or so. Even constantly self-healing only helps so much before the constant fire damage makes it impossible to reach top speed again. Armor is a big help, but if you don't have it, you're pretty much screwed unless you drop all of your weapons and go Medic.

The Patty does not appear after escaping the facility. Our game ended with me trying to blow up some static helicopters with a LAW while Jyrki botched a grenade suicide.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 04:39 by Meenah Peixes »