[Status Report] SmartCTF for UT2k4 (80%)  (Read 13498 times)

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
Re: [Status Report] SmartCTF for UT2k4 (80%)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 22:06 »
Here is the new release https://github.com/ravimohan1991/SmartCTF/releases/tag/1B. To disable the overtime and force the game end in draw, just set
Code: [Select]
bDisableOvertime=True
in the SmartCTF.ini file.
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Piglet

Piglet

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 23:35 »
The readme is great.

What I'd really like to see is something that we can use to ensure the teams are reasonably well balanced at the start of each match (separate from the scoreboard logic so that they can be used separately or together.

What you have in there is a lot of information about the players and how they're playing. All that is interesting, but could be made useful by storing that away and using it to balance teams at map start - separating cappers from each other, separating defenders from each other and splitting the other players into roughly even groups to the teams.

That would require saving the information to a server and recalling the bits needed as players join.

ONSPlus by Shambler does something like that for ONS. Freon has it now built in (though I'm not a great fan of the UDP sockets it uses rather than http.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 22:59 »
Or https://github.com/Annihilator/
My code is quite half-baked, and some of the stuff in it plain doesn't work, so I'm happy that The_Cowboy has done it - probably the right way. :)

ONSPlus by Shambler does something like that for ONS. Freon has it now built in (though I'm not a great fan of the UDP sockets it uses rather than http.
Could LibHTTP4 be used?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 23:00 by Annihilator »

Piglet

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 23:11 »
It could be - I've used it in the past and had started looking at conversion. The thing is the UDP works and I've now got a nice unrestricted VPS I can have the stats on...so I stopped working on it.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 23:32 »
Here is the new release https://github.com/ravimohan1991/SmartCTF/releases/tag/1B. To disable the overtime and force the game end in draw, just set
bDisableOvertime=True
in the SmartCTF.ini file.
Excellent!
I've tried it on our server and it mostly looks fine. Nice!
However, the scoreboard doesn't work. Note that UTComp is used as well, so there may have been some negative interactions with that mutator, even tough the UTComp enhanced scoreboard had been disabled.
Also, the ability to completely disable CountryToFlag functionality for those who do not need it would be appreciated.

Thanks for doing great work!

P.S. Do you expect there could be any negative effects if used in the VCTF mode, instead of plain old CTF?

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 02:20 »
However, the scoreboard doesn't work. Note that UTComp is used as well, so there may have been some negative interactions with that mutator, even tough the UTComp enhanced scoreboard had been disabled.
Oops, it was a small typo in the SmartCTF.ini. The value of ScoreBoardType should be
ScoreBoardType=SmartCTF1B.SmartCTFScoreBoard
I have fixed the file in the downloads. You can either download again or edit the ini file accordingly.

Also, the ability to completely disable CountryToFlag functionality for those who do not need it would be appreciated.
Ok, I added it in the todo list for next version.
P.S. Do you expect there could be any negative effects if used in the VCTF mode, instead of plain old CTF?
There shouldn't be negative effects of that. But one never knows  :)).
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

The_Cowboy

• CodeZilla
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 02:27 »
What I'd really like to see is something that we can use to ensure the teams are reasonably well balanced at the start of each match (separate from the scoreboard logic so that they can be used separately or together.

What you have in there is a lot of information about the players and how they're playing. All that is interesting, but could be made useful by storing that away and using it to balance teams at map start - separating cappers from each other, separating defenders from each other and splitting the other players into roughly even groups to the teams.
That is an excellent idea. I will try and implement the algorithm to even the teams based on that information.

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 13:56 »
Ok, I added it in the todo list for next version.
There shouldn't be negative effects of that. But one never knows  :)).
Fantastic, mon! I've added it to "full production" on our VCTF server. Will keep you posted on how it behaves.