Changing the TTS voice  (Read 495 times)

Whitestorm

• Wha?
Changing the TTS voice
« on: April 20, 2024, 17:18 »
I have a problem. My TTS (text to speech) voice is set on another language, so when people chatter in the text chat the voice pronouces it with an accent, however I would like to hear the clean English because it's even more understandable. Does anyone know how to deal with it?

Right

Re: Changing the TTS voice
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 22:29 »
Possible solution
in your system directory:

UT2004.ini

[Engine.Engine]
Language=int

det = German, frt = French, itt = Italian, est = Spanish, int = International (English)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 22:33 by Right »

Unaben

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 00:05 »
Only the 32 bit version of the game supports TTS properly. Same goes for the 3D EAX audio support.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 00:26 by Unaben »

Whitestorm

• Wha?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 11:03 »
Guys, I understood how to make it. Actually, you need to go to Settings (Win + I) > Time & Language > Speech > and setup the Speech Language. I don't know, before I went there and changed something and it did not work but now it works well. Maybe the problem is that My Windows license supports ONLY ONE LANGUAGE. Otherwise I need to change the key. But I did it change somehow. I setup Microsoft George as a default voice but it uses some female voice instead. Maybe it's corrupted, I don't understand it.

Here is the tutorial to change the TTS voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZXAJsc1OrE
You might also try to change the voice of Windows Narrator in Setting > Accesibility > Narrator

I changed the voice. The problem is solved. Anyways thank you for trying to help me   ;D ;D ;D