URL Mistach Error  (Read 4811 times)

Kyhado

URL Mistach Error
« on: September 17, 2022, 23:52 »
Anyone else get this? Seems to happen sometimes where I can't connect when a change happens on the server. Example, the old server, I have to keep a fresh UT install folder backup to connect.

holyspam

Re: URL Mistach Error
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 11:26 »
This one happens when you have visited a different server using a package with the same name but different code.
For this one you need to restart the game, before switching servers.

Another cause would be if you extracted .u files from your cache into your system folder.

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 11:47 »
That's the issue. Different things with the same name, installed to system directory or loaded by UT2004.

Don't install stuff into system directory unless you know what you're doing or without membering what you put there

If you hit the problem and have not installed anything to system, just close ut2004 and start it again to drop things you loaded from other servers.

Running here does a temporary replace of something that can be used to cheat - and the custom thing we replace it with can be seen by other servers as a problem as they don't know what it is....

I tend to restart ut rather than jump between servers (other than between mia servers)

Kyhado

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:47 »
Figured it was cause I was extracting UT files. Thanks

Nardaq_NL

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 12:57 »
If server1 use "file1" and server2 uses a different "file1"(checksum calculation) you will get the message version mismatch if you join server2 for example.

When joining server1 "file1" will me loaded into memory and can not be purged from memory unless you restart ut2004 again.

If you still have a version mismatch, then you probably installed/copied the file manually in to the ut2004 map (map, u file, texture etc.) and you need to remove this mismatch file it manually for UT2004 load the correct file when joining the server.