Freon - balance, bio-camping, classic maps - others (discuss)  (Read 47326 times)

Stealer

• StealerNinja
I'm not sure I agree. What was the skill in insta-killing players with bio as they thawed with no adverse consequences? Where was the fun in having it done to you? Where was the gameplay advantage of leaving this like it was?

The only change is that you have to be a bit careful otherwise other players grouped with the one you insta-kill might thaw a bit faster (15% of the damage is converted to health). If you don't want it, don't group them. You can always move them apart. There are benefits in that....

People said the same sort of thing about RFF (reverse friendly fire) where if you spam into teammates you get some damage. It's effectively the same thing.

I thought there was a 3 second shield when thawed if not next to a frozen team-mate? I totally agree with that bio camping is annoying, but then if you fire some rox spam from a long way off into frozen enemies, isn't that kind of the same thing? It probably won't kill you though, unless you are on low health.

Aye not a major bonus but a boost :) I'm not sure how I've not noticed this before :))

Haha, the RFF; makes it more tactical and the user has to be more precise  8)

Aye, changes are cool, not sure I've fully registered them yet. At least ya got the bug for killing frozen players sorted - that was mad!
Props to MiA community  8)
Stealer.T32

holyspam

Re: Freon - balance, bio-camping, classic maps - others (discuss)
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2023, 01:09 »
Time to remove the bio-thawing, doesn't do anything.

Add a message about loss of spawn protection

Instead cancel bio damage on frozen, fixes the issue instantly and NO side effects

This removes any incentive to camp frozen.

Not allowing any unfair damage which results into adrenaline, score and kills which results into more adrenaline and even higher score
Adrenaline leads to quicker resurrecting and even higher score

In the meantime, all you did was wait until someone thaws with a fully charged bio and not even aim at the player alive

alternatives:
Grouped players lose invul, but thaw maybe 5 or 10% faster for each player nearby, capped at 30 or 40%
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 01:40 by holyspam »

Piglet

« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2023, 09:04 »
I have to say I quite like the current arrangement.

Splash on grouped frozen helps thaw them, which is a help to them and a reason not to goop.

You can camp them, but that takes you away from kill/thawing, and you run the risk of helping them.

Their own team can goop them and cause splash damage on the camper.

I'm not quite following the alternative. Are you saying to remove all damage (including splash) when hitting a frozen player? How does this help? The camper can still camp until they thaw, and then splat them.

holyspam

« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2023, 13:54 »
Frozen bodies should not be processing damage/splash damage

People are not shooting at the person thawed, but on the frozen body and the thawed gets all the damage, with no way to react to this.
It just inflates scores of bio-campers and at the same time does not promote team play.

The original way it worked was always invul, even in groups.
The suggestion was to remove invul when too many people are together, so you won't thaw your whole team.
The solution to remove the invul, lead to the biocamp because some players did it once or twice successfully.

We created the camping problem.
And then bio thawing was introduced as a "solution"? Now people can control how fast the frozen thaw and kill the thawed ones
It is not intuitive and does not make sense, you introduce a second problem, instead of fixing the first.
Frozen = thawed by heat, example lava, so why not thaw with rockets, grenades and LG?

Also, the reason Bio is preferred, to let's say 3rox is because rockets have a smaller splash radius and they process on where they hit.
It does not re-process the damage for every player, Bio causes damage in a huge radius(i think 200-400units), then each player around gets a percentage of the full damage,

Well done, you got 200-300dmg with one fully charged shot on a frozen, you are truly amazing

In the meantime, you need 2 full flaks or 5 shock hits on real players for the same damage.

The first issue, is fixable by just stopping frozen pawns processing the damage
Then the camper can only hit the player who thawed

If you want to keep the damage, then maybe Bio can stick and splash around the frozen instead of explode on touch.

If we want a dynamic thaw system, we can make each frozen pawn add 5-10% speed to the thaw rate.

Piglet

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2023, 22:26 »
Interesting.