A different balancing algorithm  (Read 18697 times)

Kuha

Re: A different balancing algorithm
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2023, 17:02 »
Yo ender its 2023 trying to use gay comments as insult does not work. Like i get it u are from hungary and u guys live in the past there. Funny how u are part of the Miasma gang who always says you play for fun yet in your gameplay we can see that u try your hardest just to get 1 point. Calling ppl nabs every game is clear trurth you cant hide from. Calling me gay or Quadro gay cos u get owned in warfare or freon just shows u arent playing for fun you are frustrated cos your skill cant keep up so you insult others to gain power. Yet i still dont have anything against you just confused why u are taking a video game this serious. Arent we playing for fun here?

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2023, 17:08 »
Arent we playing for fun here?

No this is real life very serious
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Harris

• T-800
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2023, 17:20 »
My data suggests that the balancer is less than optimal, based on the number of 5-0 games that happen.

It is, and it will never be optimal, and thats fine.

Obviously, 5-0 games are not fun but they are crucial when it comes to maintaining high map rotation on the server. Some people would rather play on a few different maps in a short time span as it draws their attention.

If theres a match where teams seem to be pretty well balanced it often goes overtime and from what i've noticed many players (including me) quickly gets bored and, eventually, leave. That's not fun.

pishach

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2023, 17:26 »

I pointed that out and suggested that the balancer should maybe balance teams based on ping times. That might be an interesting thing to try.

There are several people that can easily break this system. EL_ROMP, Darksider has around 200+ ping; Kyhado, Killer has 100+ ping. Very very bad players  :D.

Flenser

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2023, 17:38 »
It is easy to point out anecdotal outliers. It would be better to test out different balancing algorithms and see what actually produces better results.

Although Harris feels that we should maximize the number of 5-0 games, to keep him from being bored?  :D

Risel

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2023, 17:56 »
Sorry guys, but Quadro is mine, Ender is our son and you, Kuha, stole him from our family. Ender obviously wants his father back, and you let him go to some goddamn Overwatch 2! What a shame, Overwatch 2!!! Whats next, Sims 4?

sup

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2023, 18:01 »

truebeard

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2023, 18:11 »
Kuha, risek ans whoever other noob talking, let's find a common ground... Let's ban sup

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2023, 18:32 »
Sup come back, we need you ...

I need you ...  ::)

TheEnder

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2023, 19:00 »
Yo ender its 2023 trying to use gay comments as insult does not work. Like i get it u are from hungary and u guys live in the past there. Funny how u are part of the Miasma gang who always says you play for fun yet in your gameplay we can see that u try your hardest just to get 1 point. Calling ppl nabs every game is clear trurth you cant hide from. Calling me gay or Quadro gay cos u get owned in warfare or freon just shows u arent playing for fun you are frustrated cos your skill cant keep up so you insult others to gain power. Yet i still dont have anything against you just confused why u are taking a video game this serious. Arent we playing for fun here?
1, Oooh so it’s okay for you to say I live in the past based on my nationality but I can’t make observations about the fact that you appear/disappear at the same time to the second and you're constantly sucking up to him. Still, it’s not an insult unless you take it as one. If you weren’t a dude, I’d be saying the same thing, but just to clarify, I’m in full support of you guys, despite of the fact that apparently, I live in the past.

2, I do play for fun and part of having fun is teasing people I like. I don’t recall ever calling you anything unless you started the conversation, because as much as you’re trying to portray yourself as you’re above it all, at the end of the day you are a hypocrite. You talk sht (like you started in this thread as well) for no apparent reason and then cry when someone addresses you with the same energy.

Admit it, deep down you’re just in love with all of us, only you have an interesting way of showing it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 19:11 by TheEnder »

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2023, 19:39 »
Jeez we can make a web series of all this drama! so much script :P

Killer_XTREME!!!

• "Turn your wounds into wisdom"
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2023, 19:40 »
Admins will be producers xD

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2023, 20:06 »
Only if I'm paid in royalties
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

kops

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2023, 20:08 »
We got the first 12 series' scripts already

sup

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2023, 20:44 »
I CAN MAKE THE ARTISTIC PART!!