Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?  (Read 12985 times)

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
Re: Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2024, 03:43 »
I hold three main philosophies when it comes to cheating:

1. Players are allowed to be good at aiming and shooting
2. This is a dying game and every player matters
3. Without concrete evidence or witnessing it firsthand, it's impossible to say for certain if someone is actually cheating or if it's a case of point 1

I leave everybody with a haiku I wrote that might help remember some crucuial and important steps:

Code: [Select]
Someone you suspect?
Spectate them and hit record.
Send it to admins.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 05:16 by Veica »
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

sup

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2024, 15:07 »
I respectfully disagree with point 2, Loon and Kuha don't matter at all.

Thanks

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2024, 08:39 »
Let me explain you something, Veica:

1. Players are allowed to be good at aiming and shooting
This reminds me of Soviet sayings about equality from the last century.  As I wrote in my post: you try to justify dishonest players in exactly the same way.

2. This is a dying game and every player matters
Think about what you are writing. If someone cheats and upsets others, do you think it's ok? Just because "every player matters"? The freedom of an individual ends where another begins. Cheats should not be allowed in any game, don't even try to argue with it. We have a propaganda slogan from the 1930s in Poland: "sugar strengthens" [cukier krzepi], intended to encourage the consumption of sugar for the development of the economy. Your argument is identical.

3. Without concrete evidence or witnessing it firsthand, it's impossible to say for certain if someone is actually cheating or if it's a case of point 1
Explain what you mean by "concrete evidence", because I don't think you understand what this is about. The problem is justifying potential cheaters through the prism of "being good". I don't buy the argument like: "he's just good." No, that's all. Evidence of purity should be provided by an admins that has (should have) the appropriate tools. This is not the role of ordinary players. The lack of any control in this matter and relying on subjective "evidence" is ... hmmm ... outdated? What year is it?

Before you write a riposte (its to you, Veica), use your brain, because so far you have provided me with a lot of excess endorphin flow.  :))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:23 by Plakatowy »

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2024, 21:24 »
 He is a good player, innocent till proven guilty - standard law etc. He should be able to play on mia servers without being harassed - isn't that like a core mia value? It used to be for T32 :P

Veica meant that spec the player in question and record a video of them.

This seems to be getting a slightly offensive discussion, there is no need for it.
Perhaps we should get a Freon team versus Vctf team to prove a point and play in both game modes? That might help settle things  :D

Could anyone link me some youtube vids of Lexa in the competitive tournaments or just his alias, so I can search myself? I'm just curious, I've played against him a few times, I imagine back in the day he/she was much better?  :o
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 21:39 by Stealer »
Stealer.T32

lol

• XTRM.T32
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2024, 11:51 »
You can always disable the chat entirely from showing on your screen, if you don't want to be bothered by other players. ;D

Even in a recorded video it can be hard to see if someone is cheating. :-\

Ekulz

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 15:20 »
Yeah not to mention the 'Ignore Text' option too. I have this ticked for a few individuals who regularly blame the team when losing  :))

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2024, 17:03 »
Perhaps we should get a Freon team versus Vctf team to prove a point and play in both game modes? That might help settle things  :D

+1
How about a couple of hours set aside for this at the weekend.  FREON V's Warfare, with a mix of FREON, CTF, VCTF, ONS.
Teamwork v's spray & pray.

Or better still, 2 x 10-a-side teams containing the best players from each discipline at the chosen time on Saturday evening.

ICTF on Kill Billy Barn burner.
Is it a challenge?

I know which team my money would be on :)

Yeah not to mention the 'Ignore Text' option too. I have this ticked for a few individuals who regularly blame the team when losing  :))

Also a +1 for this.
Not content with petty whining in the game, some may, or may not have shouty CAPITALS as a nick :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 17:33 by Grim_Fandango »
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 21:36 »
 Aye, I'd need a few weeks to get everyone signed up and agreed on a date time. I'll make a thread and see if anyone is interested.

We could just leave it at Lexa, DV, Korn, Oops, hyeguys vs vctf team   ::)

I'd be up for some ONS, I was always better at that than freon.
Stealer.T32

zeus

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2024, 23:29 »
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xounz TO CHECK LEXAs AIM

However, I would also like to point out some basics, which some players in FREON ignore and what may result in a feeling of being run over by a steam roller on a daily basis
 * not prioritizing thawing enough - thawing GIVES ammo, however most players thaw automatically with shield activated even if there is no direct threat (!) so they only get more shield, instead of getting more shock / lg / rocket / flak / ...
 * not prioritizing thawing enough - thawing GIVES the opportunity to increase personal HP after your teammate has woken as the HP transfers in close vicinity
 * going against hitscan situation with spam weapons (= bio / flak / rockets / grenades) - against superior hitscanners with good routing, the chances of getting close enough for a kill are like 0,01%
 * making a lot of noise / not checking around enough - against skilled opponents every sound gives information (that includes spamming "just in case" on the other side of the map) and if one does not check around, the headshot may come from behind
 * not utilizing map knowledge - it is possible to kill players like Lexa, one can use flanking ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanking_maneuver ), one can use surprise ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzkrieg ), one can use anything that does not equal to running head on towards the enemy (that includes biocamping in the corner)

UT feels like a game where any player with an average aim and with good enough understanding of some basics can excel in!
So my question is - *ARE YOU MAKING THE CORRECT DECISION BASED ON THE SITUATION AT HAND*?

If not, then the results should not surprise you :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 00:08 by zeus »

zeus

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2024, 00:14 »
. (WRONG BUTTON :@@@@@@@@@@@@@)

Kuha

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2024, 08:50 »
Nice post Zeus. But this post is about Lexa (BE) not about some pro named xOunz. We all follow the some what pro scene of UT and we know that xOunz has godly aim. For more proof i think xOunz is TUS player while this Lexa guy never plays on TUS so i quess those admins there have banned him.

Risel

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2024, 11:46 »
I still think Lexa paid Satin to make this post so we could all praise him here.

sup

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2024, 16:31 »
praise alexa? pff

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2024, 18:59 »
Lol all good valid points/tips there Zeus, I feel like they're kind of aimed at me? :)
Zeus annihilated me last night on crypt - always happens when I have a few beers or dodgy herbs (just worked out some random herb I'd been given had been sprayed with spice - I laughed and threw it all in the bin)!. Did manage a nice hs on him though ;)
I just play for a laugh, always have, slightly competitive but I'd rather have a giggle than stress over missing a shot :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 19:28 by Stealer »
Stealer.T32

zeus

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2024, 17:41 »
Was not aimed at anyone specific and the lack of basics applies to like 75+% of the players in Freon!
Which is unfortunate as sometimes playing for fun should include some thoughts on "How to increase ze fun?" and "How to avoid getting pwned every day?"