Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?  (Read 13118 times)

Piglet

Re: Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2024, 22:14 »
Nice post Zeus. But this post is about Lexa (BE) not about some pro named xOunz. We all follow the some what pro scene of UT and we know that xOunz has godly aim. For more proof i think xOunz is TUS player while this Lexa guy never plays on TUS so i quess those admins there have banned him.

Either Lexa and xOunz are the same player or Lexa sometimes plays with that alias...as he's been logged here using it:  »SøA«xOunz

*cough* https://www.utzone.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1874 *cough*

zeus

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2024, 22:33 »
Most interesting thread @ utzone
The fact that it scanned the Recent folder for shortcuts is an interesting feature, however the contents of that scan ... what you comment truebeard? It is your windows account with those interesting shortcuts, unless someone went an extra mile to create a fake windows user called "virgile" just to frame you?  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 22:36 by zeus »

lol

• XTRM.T32
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2024, 17:54 »
Code: [Select]
[01-02-2011 - 19:35:31] - »SøA«xOunz* Suspicious File - Matching File <*bot*> C:/Documents and Settings/virgile/Recent/holybot (j).lnk GUID : 4fc817e37af0511a61481b1ee8cb547d IP : 87.65.XXX.XXX:4133Now we know what holyspam is using. :P

Annihilator

• Kus on su raamat?
    • annihilatorsc
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2024, 16:07 »
It's a relatively well-known Top Mutt [TM]. All you can do is pray for your nuts.

holyspam

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2024, 23:01 »
Code: [Select]
[01-02-2011 - 19:35:31] - »SøA«xOunz* Suspicious File - Matching File <*bot*> C:/Documents and Settings/virgile/Recent/holybot (j).lnk GUID : 4fc817e37af0511a61481b1ee8cb547d IP : 87.65.XXX.XXX:4133Now we know what holyspam is using. :P
Got me!

Most interesting thread @ utzone
The fact that it scanned the Recent folder for shortcuts is an interesting feature, however the contents of that scan ... what you comment truebeard? It is your windows account with those interesting shortcuts, unless someone went an extra mile to create a fake windows user called "virgile" just to frame you?  :)

those are shortcuts, but why is it named holybot back in 2011 wtf, I wasn't even using holyspam as name back then.

Nice post Zeus. But this post is about Lexa (BE) not about some pro named xOunz. We all follow the some what pro scene of UT and we know that xOunz has godly aim. For more proof i think xOunz is TUS player while this Lexa guy never plays on TUS so i quess those admins there have banned him.

Not sure if extreme sarcasm or serious

holyspam

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 23:54 »
This is what the skill-learning curve looks like.

On the Y-axis, you see the difficulty to improve
On the X-axis, you see the skill level.

Most warfare-only active players, with the exception of maybe...what? 5 players? barely reach the blue zone
Most of the remaining UT2004 players are around red-green and too stubborn to improve

The slope is intentional, so that red and green can't even see the purple zone.
What's common is for players to stop trying to improve around the green zone or once they touched the blue zone for a bit, i've been there.

Then once you reliably play at the blue zone, you realize what is required to reach pro-level

It's not very hard to go from the blue zone to purple at first, but to reaaally play like cup players, the difficulty skyrockets.

If you ask pros, they will tell you that the purple zone has maybe 1-2 extra divisions(after purple, you have duel pro), from currently active pros I would say skaven would be there, you can watch some of his videos on twitch explaining what he thinks while playing.

Then, there's one big difference - being high-skilled in DM you can always somewhat compete in CTF by defending, the opposite is not always true, especially in DM/TDM (TAM/Freon is easy TDM)

I would say that I can sometimes reaching the purple zone in Freon, but I am not reliably playing there, because I don't use any strategies or real tactics. I am barely staying in the blue zone for DM/TDM and I would consider myself trash in duels.

For some of the known players, Zeus with his pentium+geforce 8000 PC(upgrade!) is rarely dropping from purple, dawk same but less prone to mistakes, quadro is all over the place from blue to hints of purple tactically and very sneaky.

Old inactive pros will return and easily play on a level in the blue zone, until they get back the feel of the game and then play at casual pro level.
I've seen Lexa/xOunz mostly stand and snipe on warfare, which is all you need to get 100+ scores without touching a flag once and only tryhards sometimes in freon/tam.

VCTF Berserk:
- gives you all weapons on spawn and you don't care about fire rates - makes the red-green part of the curve irrelevant
- low individual impact, high team combo impact - half the blue zone flattens
- vehicles > individual skills - a single vehicle shot can take out multiple enemies with low effort
- huge map size - dodging skills become irrelevant
- flag caps win games - skilled players will lean to defense than mindlessly trying to walk to enemy flag
- unskilled players just walk to enemy base - infinite amount of kill opportunities for skilled defenders

thank you for coming to my TEDtalk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 00:00 by holyspam »

sup

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2024, 16:10 »
Nice TED, but I disagree on this point:

skilled players will lean to defense than mindlessly trying to walk to enemy flag

Skilled players use their brains and do everything at the same time, they wait for the right moments to attack, they analyze who is defending their flag, they wait to destroy the opponent's manta before attacking (to avoid mantarun), they analyze which player took their flag (to know whether they should interrupt an attack or continue attacking). According to the player who took their flag, they know the most likely path that player will take and anticipate it. They avoid killing certain specific opponents while they are attacking to have fewer opponents in the base when it is time to get the flag. They "prepare the ground" before trying to capture the flag (killing raptors, tanks, scorpions, etc.). They stay on defense even though they are the best attacker when necessary. These players are extremely rare, I only know like 4 players like that. And they are able to win extremely poorly balanced games just by being smart, while the others attack endlessly or camp the entire game without thinking about anything

I also disagree with the graphic, this graphic is more accurate imho:

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 00:30 »
Nice TED, but I disagree on this point:

skilled players will lean to defense than mindlessly trying to walk to enemy flag

Skilled players use their brains and do everything at the same time, they wait for the right moments to attack, they analyze who is defending their flag, they wait to destroy the opponent's manta before attacking (to avoid mantarun), they analyze which player took their flag (to know whether they should interrupt an attack or continue attacking). According to the player who took their flag, they know the most likely path that player will take and anticipate it. They avoid killing certain specific opponents while they are attacking to have fewer opponents in the base when it is time to get the flag. They "prepare the ground" before trying to capture the flag (killing raptors, tanks, scorpions, etc.). They stay on defense even though they are the best attacker when necessary. These players are extremely rare, I only know like 4 players like that. And they are able to win extremely poorly balanced games just by being smart, while the others attack endlessly or camp the entire game without thinking about anything

I also disagree with the graphic, this graphic is more accurate imho:

Not that I really want to partake in your banter, but I do have to say that you spelled "Resike" wrong
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

sup

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 02:54 »
Not that I really want to partake in your banter, but I do have to say that you spelled "Resike" wrong

u're right,  thanks for the correction Veica

Right

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2024, 11:39 »
@admins is it true that no anti-cheat is running?
I can not believe that.

As for the learning curve for Skill Level i think i'm stuck below avarage.
As for insight i could be above avarage.

Maybe there should be a poll for that :D

Q: What do you think your level is?
A: No, it's lower  :-\

I think there should be data on the server for skill from 0 to over 6000!!!

Arbok

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2024, 13:02 »
2k3 --> skills > stable network <> 2k24 -->stable network > skills.
it really is a game changer tho.

zeus has internet bundle that comes with a cloak of the unreg perk,bro is like a wall object nothing regs on him lol

iam not molding , but iam this close to break my mouse cuz of this xD
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 14:03 by Arbok »

Miauz55555

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2024, 18:08 »
[...]
I can reccoment the RocCat mouse brand, they are fairly solid.
I'm probably on the left red trash on that curve. I'm just lucky with hits.

Arbok

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2024, 18:34 »
[...]
I can reccoment the RocCat mouse brand, they are fairly solid.
I'm probably on the left red trash on that curve. I'm just lucky with hits.

nahh u alright , just please remove the weapon visibility xD it hurts my eyes

Piglet

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2024, 12:06 »
@admins is it true that no anti-cheat is running?
I can not believe that.

Unfortuantely with an engine this old there are known ways of hooking into it that cannot be detected. Even with games on the current engines (Valorant), hooking into the engine and bypassing the most modern anticheat the industry can write is still possible...

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2024, 13:08 »
Unless for money [competitive setting and accepting the risk of ban/respect loss/ cheater tag], cheating is absolutely rubbish. We play UT for the adrenalin rush . Cheating to get it? How can you sleep with that lol