Manta Run Assists  (Read 9259 times)

Unaben

Re: Manta Run Assists
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 20:04 »
That's sensible. Do you know of a serveractor for that, or are you able to write one? It doesn't sound that hard.

Sadly not. I could write one, but I have no experience with UE2.

The idea would be if you return a flag in the base you would only get 1 point, and for the most clutch return you would get X point, returning a flag in the middle of the map would be X/2 points.
This can be combined with time based return too, returning the flag that's been dropped under 3 seconds from it's pick up time is 1 points, returning a flag that's been taken for over 60 seconds would be X points.

This would hopefully incentivize players to go after carriers, instead of just camping in base. Also to prevent farming points by letting the enemy to pick up the flag intentionally.

Piglet

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 15:59 »
I've added back in the manta assist code. I'm still happy to get any updates....

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 16:48 »
I saw the sup video and it proves my point :) If you notice where he sat when I used the slope to lift the manta, you will know what I meant about quality wingmen :) For perspective, I would have never fallen off that way ;) Lao taught me years back about this hehe

Ekulz

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 22:07 »
I notice manta assists have been re-enabled but drivers are scoring 3 points per run and wingmen are scoring the full 15 (i think)? I scored 3 manta runs (9 points total) but still finish on the bottom half of scoreboard  :D Please can u explain what changes have been implemented? Thanks

Piglet

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 09:41 »
No changes. See the code above for how it calculates score.

Ekulz

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 10:32 »
No changes. See the code above for how it calculates score.

Unfortunately i'm no coder so it may as well be Japanese  :P

It still appears to be awarding 3 points per run for me...strange!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 20:15 by Ekulz »

Piglet

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2024, 20:54 »
You're quite right. Its configuration has been changed somehow. I'll correct it next time I have the server down for maintenance.

Ekulz

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 00:01 »
You're quite right. Its configuration has been changed somehow. I'll correct it next time I have the server down for maintenance.

Perfect! Thanks buddy  8)

Piglet

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 09:21 »
That should be fixed now. I still can't see how it got changed, as the backup had the right values. Wierd.

Unaben

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2024, 22:17 »
So if your passanger gets knocked down and you score the flag as a manta runner you are awarded with doubled 30+ points, this doesn't really seems reasonable for me. Some ppl can't even get this score in a 20 minute game. Saw this happen a couple of times yesterday.

That should be fixed now. I still can't see how it got changed, as the backup had the right values. Wierd.

Ekulz

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2024, 22:52 »
So if your passanger gets knocked down and you score the flag as a manta runner you are awarded with doubled 30+ points, this doesn't really seems reasonable for me. Some ppl can't even get this score in a 20 minute game. Saw this happen a couple of times yesterday.

It isn't 30 points per cap lol! I believe Piglet reverted to the previous code which awards 15 for driver and 15 for wingman (those are the scores I saw today at least).

Unaben

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2024, 22:56 »
I'm not sure which part you don't understand...

It isn't 30 points per cap lol! I believe Piglet reverted to the previous code which awards 15 for driver and 15 for wingman (those are the scores I saw today at least).

Right

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2024, 23:33 »
If your passenger gets knocked off, you don't have the flag as driver  O:-)

Unaben

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2024, 01:35 »
Well I figured the knocked off as dies due to cringe, auto-drops the flag because of health reached zero, then you exit your mantacopter on the left side then do a little fortnite dance emote while typing `lol` into chat before picking up the flag would be self explinatory. Because that's the only way you would score the flag as a manta driver and get double 15 point awarded for the same flagrun.

If your passenger gets knocked off, you don't have the flag as driver  O:-)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:56 by Unaben »

sup

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2024, 17:20 »
I really understand why you were banned