Netcode warfare still active?  (Read 9424 times)

Piglet

Re: Netcode warfare still active?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 14:22 »
...so dogshit ...I am talking about regs on-foot players.

OK. You have the code. If you can do better than "dog shit", show us how to do it.

The first barrier you will encounter is the speed of light.

holyspam

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 19:19 »
The netcode got pretty weird about 1 year ago (or maybe more) for high pings, but I know that high ping players are in the minority and it's a pointless battle, so I don't even argue.

Furthermore, any change will result in dozens of players with 20 ping complaining that it's not fair

Just to clarify for low ping players what happens with a ping above 180:
-The shield jump time is changed and fails many times, as well as more complex jumps with wall dodge
-The delay for entering and exiting vehicles is significantly increased
-The handling of the vehicles is completely changed (I press to the left and the bender goes 0.5 seconds later) the Manta doesn't make sharp turns.
-You cannot effectively use link gun, sniper, minigun, turret, bender's third gun, or most vehicle weapons
-Many times you touch the flag and it is not returned
-In addition to other changes to the game's gameplay

High ping players learned to play despite all this and many low ping players think the netcode is unfair lol
+1
Low ping players have so much edge over us and yet they are crying about netcode. Netcode doesn't do anything unfair. Current netcode settings are so dogshit that if you have 200ms, you will have like 50% of the hitscan shots unregistered. It is playable at around 150ms. Don't believe me? You can test it holyspam. Nice priorities in a dead game. I am not saying "give us 100% regs on full speed manta or wyvren manta." I am talking about regs on-foot players.
When I play on servers where I have 100+ ping and I'm able to land 50% of my lagshots with netcode, I thank the server owners. I don't blame them, you ungrateful mewling quim

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 20:10 »
The netcode got pretty weird about 1 year ago (or maybe more) for high pings, but I know that high ping players are in the minority and it's a pointless battle, so I don't even argue.

Furthermore, any change will result in dozens of players with 20 ping complaining that it's not fair

Just to clarify for low ping players what happens with a ping above 180:
-The shield jump time is changed and fails many times, as well as more complex jumps with wall dodge
-The delay for entering and exiting vehicles is significantly increased
-The handling of the vehicles is completely changed (I press to the left and the bender goes 0.5 seconds later) the Manta doesn't make sharp turns.
-You cannot effectively use link gun, sniper, minigun, turret, bender's third gun, or most vehicle weapons
-Many times you touch the flag and it is not returned
-In addition to other changes to the game's gameplay

High ping players learned to play despite all this and many low ping players think the netcode is unfair lol
+1
Low ping players have so much edge over us and yet they are crying about netcode. Netcode doesn't do anything unfair. Current netcode settings are so dogshit that if you have 200ms, you will have like 50% of the hitscan shots unregistered. It is playable at around 150ms. Don't believe me? You can test it holyspam. Nice priorities in a dead game. I am not saying "give us 100% regs on full speed manta or wyvren manta." I am talking about regs on-foot players.

Shit internet is just something we have to deal with, unless you want to pay to run fibre-op and relays from your home directly to the server machine and bypass all the other network traffic that exists on planet Earth. I know I sure as fuck don't.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.