How to kill a dying game in 2 steps  (Read 15075 times)

sup

How to kill a dying game in 2 steps
« on: June 19, 2024, 02:07 »

1-Remove a popular map because Sup knows "a secret in it" (basically a shield jump that any player playing a 20 year old game should know how to do) and tell players to go play Freon (while ironically Nardaq forces everyone to play Assault)

2-Then arbitrarily decide that there is a right size for VCTF maps and "small maps" don't fit into that category, although they are extremely popular, such as collateral, magnet, concrete and space

Nardaq is not even a frequent player on the server, he basically plays to force assault all the time and thinks he can make decisions like these without consulting the players who actually play on the server and keep it alive

Anyway, it's just my opinion, do what you think is best, I've been playing here for over 8 years and I know that these arbitrary attitudes drive players away from the server.

sup

Re: How to kill a dying game in 2 steps
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 07:37 »
I know what you're referring to Veica, but that's another discussion.
The point at the moment is, Nardaq arbitrarily, based solely on his mind and personal preferences, decided to delete extremely popular maps. This is not an attitude in favor of the server, it is an attitude in favor of what he considers "VCTF maps"

Justice edited Collateral map, he had work editing it, adding vehicles there and so on, so Nardaq decides to delete the map because it is "too small" or because "it is not a vctf map" based on nothing other than his personal preferences, that is including disrespectful to the work that justice did. And to be honest, I'm not even a big fan of this map, and I'm even sick of magnet, but they are popular maps, so they shouldn't be deleted, because it attracts people to play other maps and other game modes in the future.

Ps: Conduct a questionnaire with active players and ask them if they prefer to remove AS mode from the server or maps like concrete, magnet and collateral. 90% will respond to remove AS. So it makes sense to keep AS on the server but it doesn't make sense to keep small popular VCTF maps on the server? And when I ask about it, "go play freon?"
I mean...

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 09:51 »
Delete maps? Hmm....we have a voting system right. Most nab maps don't get voted much vs good ones. Eg: Dual tank edge..we only vote that once a few months to enjoy some silly fun. So, why delete it ? ;) I ofcourse would buy Nardy a cake as he made sup cry but other than that, I think magnet was fun map (not my fav) but deleting it ...well..you can see my youtube for memories :D

TheEnder

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 10:04 »
I know what you're referring to Veica, but that's another discussion.
The point at the moment is, Nardaq arbitrarily, based solely on his mind and personal preferences, decided to delete extremely popular maps. This is not an attitude in favor of the server, it is an attitude in favor of what he considers "VCTF maps"

Justice edited Collateral map, he had work editing it, adding vehicles there and so on, so Nardaq decides to delete the map because it is "too small" or because "it is not a vctf map" based on nothing other than his personal preferences, that is including disrespectful to the work that justice did. And to be honest, I'm not even a big fan of this map, and I'm even sick of magnet, but they are popular maps, so they shouldn't be deleted, because it attracts people to play other maps and other game modes in the future.

Ps: Conduct a questionnaire with active players and ask them if they prefer to remove AS mode from the server or maps like concrete, magnet and collateral. 90% will respond to remove AS. So it makes sense to keep AS on the server but it doesn't make sense to keep small popular VCTF maps on the server? And when I ask about it, "go play freon?"
I mean...
+1

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 11:33 »
I want burrito

JP

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2024, 13:04 »
Bring back magnet

Ottiishiia

• ~O m m m 💎
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2024, 13:32 »
  BRING BACK MAGNET AND COLLATERAL!!!

It’s more justice to have the maps we all want , including the AS-mode, the VCTF maps that gets removed. And if it’s not considering an vctf-map, it’s odd because it was perfect as such before , what’s the real issue :/
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠒⠦⣄⣠⠶⠞⠳⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣴⠛⠛⠛⠲⢦⣤⡴⠶⠶⢶⠏⠀⢀⣄⣹⣇⡀⠀⠀⣻⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠂⠀⢿⣼⠋⠀⠉⣿⣍⠉⠉⡆⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢿⡤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠧⠤⠤⠿⢦⣀⣤⠿⠼⠀⣰⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡾⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠳⠤⠶⢿⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣼⡧⠤⠆
⣠⣤⢼⡧⢤⠀⠀⠀⢠⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⡇⠀⠀⠀⣤⣧⣄⡀
⠀⠀⢀⡿⠉⠹⡄⠀⠈⠋⠀⠀⠀⣴⠒⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣼⠁⠀⠀
⢠⡞⠉⠛⠀⠀⠹⠶⠶⣄⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠾⠉⠙⠒⠀
⠀⠳⢤⣀⠀⠀⢠⠖⠒⠈⢳⣀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣤just signature,relax

ultraviolet

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2024, 13:52 »
since when is thelongestyard a vctf map, can you remove pls

also could u plz put invisible walls in concrete so u cant shieldjump from flagbase to jumpad?

thxs

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 14:08 »
Pretty sure this thread was one of the better places to talk about the lack of communication and sometimes questionable decisions being made by admins, but whatever.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

sup

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 14:24 »
Pretty sure this thread was one of the better places to talk about the lack of communication and sometimes questionable decisions being made by admins, but whatever.

I asked him on discord and he ignored

Piglet

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 16:52 »
Another way to kill the game is to be agressive to admins.

Perhaps a more gentle approach would be more appreciated.

sup

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 17:29 »
I only said facts, at no point was I disrespectful or offending Nardaq. He was much more disrespectful telling me to play Freon or removing the map that Justice edited

I just said that Nardaq is not a frequent player to make decisions like these and that he forces assault all the time, as everyone knows.

Flenser

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2024, 17:43 »
With all due gentility, Nardaq has previously kicked and banned players that don't play to his liking, regularly nukes players (and the entire area) that annoy him, and apparently also removes maps that don't meet his approval, despite people voting for those maps. What's the correct approach to asking him not to do these things, such that we won't also be banned, kicked, and nuked?

TheEnder

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2024, 18:03 »
With all due gentility, Nardaq has previously kicked and banned players that don't play to his liking, regularly nukes players (and the entire area) that annoy him, and apparently also removes maps that don't meet his approval, despite people voting for those maps. What's the correct approach to asking him not to do these things, such that we won't also be banned, kicked, and nuked?
Not to mention that he freezes people's names, or literally bans usernames he doesn't like. I rarely agree with Flenser, but this time I 100% do

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2024, 22:29 »
Yep, it'd be appreciated if the game in progress was left alone.
Dropping monsters, spiders, and deemers all over the place and nuking the winning teams base lends nothing to the enjoyment of the game, although low grav' can be fun at times.
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?