Grim on tour.  (Read 1792 times)

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
Re: Grim on tour.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2024, 21:46 »
And wow this autonomous taxi is just wow. Drives better than all UT nabs combined :D I would surely buy a self driving car anyday and wow USA is really ahead in this!! Thanks for the pics ;)

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2024, 05:05 »
And wow this autonomous taxi is just wow. Drives better than all UT nabs combined :D I would surely buy a self driving car anyday and wow USA is really ahead in this!! Thanks for the pics ;)

Lol, be careful what you wish for.  This video of them looking for a parking spot was taken by a local at 04:00  :D
They're programmed to honk their horn if another car gets too close.
With this level of tech' you'd think that they'd have geofenced the perimeter or have a sensor at the entrance to disable the horn whilst in the area.

The Waymo took me through Chinatown on my last day in San Francisco.
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2024, 21:58 »
Height Street used to be the in thing for weed in San Fran circa 2001 :)
Stealer.T32

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2024, 12:46 »
Height Street used to be the in thing for weed in San Fran circa 2001 :)

We passed by Jimi, Jerry, and Janis's houses in Haight/Ashbury while on the hop on/hop off bus.  Charles Manson also stayed there...not a fan :)

I've visited consumption lounges in a few different countries.  My tour started off in Amsterdam, where I usually end up in The Greenhouse, Jolly Joker, Bulldog, or Stones.

The coffee shop culture in Amsterdam is (in the main) geared towards the tourist industry and most premises I've frequented have been dark, sticky, noisy and  unventilated.  The ones I've visited in Spain (Tenerife & Lanzarote) however have been far cleaner, had decent extractor fans, and have more of a social vibe with games such as chess, draughts, cards, Jenga, Connect 4 laid out for members to play (membership €20 pa).

Dispensaries & consumption lounges/coffee shops usually go hand in hand in The Netherlands and Spain, but not so in the US.  Dispensaries in Nevada opened in 2017 and the first legal lounge in Vegas (Smoke & Mirrors) opened in Feb this year, so there are only a few dotted around.

I visited Smoke & Mirrors a couple of times while in Vegas.  The staff were very helpful and knew their product and it's respective properties.  The premises were fresh and extremely clean, it was a joy to visit.
Similarly in San Fran', the staff and premises were excellent.  My lounge of choice was the Barbary Coast.
I won't go too much into the product here, but they had dab rig's available, which I tried for the first time :)
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?