Instant Respawn - Invulnerable  (Read 1876 times)

Grim_Fandango

Instant Respawn - Invulnerable
« on: August 14, 2024, 20:38 »
Not sure on the general feeling on this, but I think gameplay in Warfare could be improved by adding a 1 second delay before re-spawning.

We currently re-spawn immediately, resulting in players (me at least :)) running off the edge of platforms or heading in the wrong direction until I get my bearings.  I usually also re-spawn with my trigger finger locked on as I'm still processing the previous info.

I feel a 1 second delay before re-spawning (if possible) would give players a chance to regroup and gather their thoughts before get back into the thick of the battle.

--

Would it be possible to increase the invulnerability time after re-spawn?  The reason I'm asking is that some maps/players spend quite a bit of the game strafing spawn sites and weapons lockers, and by increasing this, it would allow a more fluid gameplay.

These are only my thoughts, interested in what others think.
• Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Harris

• T-800
Re: Instant Respawn - Invulnerable
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 21:08 »
If you don't shoot right after being killed you:
1. won't respawn unless you press fire button
2. have enough time to get to the weapon locker before spawn protection ends, mostly but depends on the map and spawn lockers layout.

Piglet

Re: Instant Respawn - Invulnerable
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2024, 11:55 »
If you don't shoot right after being killed you:
1. won't respawn unless you press fire button
2. have enough time to get to the weapon locker before spawn protection ends, mostly but depends on the map and spawn lockers layout.

It depends on server settings. We had it set like 1., however that was a problem with AFK players just blocking a slot having been killed and sitting not pressing fire.