Gaming Zone > Killing Floor Mod

Buglist

<< < (6/6)

Snipe34:

--- Quote from: poompoom500 on September 04, 2012, 15:54 --- :areyoukidding:

--- Quote ---But I can't fix that bug or any bug, or modify the mod - as I've said - that's the rule by the content and name owners, Tripwire, who own the copyrights.
--- End quote ---

That's the thing I don't understand. Killing Floor is a modification of the Unreal Tournament 2004 game, which for all intensive purposes, is owned by Epic Games! So Alex Quick made the mod (by changing codes in the UT2004 game) which in itself is an infringement but is allowed by Epic Games.

The thing is Epic Games allows mods to be made in its game, as well as mutators (which is a code editing application). I think Tripwire is tripping on cross-wire!

--- End quote ---

I know how you feel Poom, but it works this way: the content made by Alex & co was copyright to them (which is how all copywrite works, eg, this post is copyright to me, but Raj has the right to decide if it complies with the rules of his board - legally it cannot be copied around the net without my permission, and ultimately Raj').  Similarly KF is partly owned by UT2004 by default - I haven't read UT2004's legal agreement re mods.
Alex & co being the owners of KF Content sold that to Tripwire, so they now own the copyright.  So it's about content.  Pics, mesh and code of KF.  Tripwire also made it clear they would rather the mod was stopped, but they have no say in content released as a free mod.  The only say they have is that the free mod content cannot be modified further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version