Krieg, Frieden und Zombies  (Read 150872 times)

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
Re: Krieg, Frieden und Zombies
« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2013, 07:13 »
 :trolldad:

Here are some pictures of Snipe34's KFZ-Bostwick map (WIP). He had several environment effects in the map background.

An RV by the beach head.

And this is the same map with the sound trigger (of ocean waves).

A different side of the beach head.

Full view of UDK editor on KFZ-Bostwick map.

UPDATE: 6:45AM -- IndieDB has several games available for UDK users. One of the WIP maps is Bad Day - http://www.indiedb.com/games/bad-day:

And... Desert Zombie: Last Stand - http://www.indiedb.com/games/desert-zombie-last-stand ---

ANOTHER UPDATE: 7:11AM -- Snipe34, we need a story line for your game. They have your game at IndieDB - http://www.indiedb.com/games/krieg-frieden-und-zombies-project. Most of the indie games there have some kind of intro to the game. I am going to make changes to the SUMMARY and say something about what led to the title of your game. So, I need your input.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:17 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2013, 15:19 »

ANOTHER UPDATE: 7:11AM -- Snipe34, we need a story line for your game. They have your game at IndieDB - http://www.indiedb.com/games/krieg-frieden-und-zombies-project. Most of the indie games there have some kind of intro to the game. I am going to make changes to the SUMMARY and say something about what led to the title of your game. So, I need your input.

I have spoken briefly to you by PM about a story line.  Also about the monsters which I'm just starting, besides fixing the maps, weapons, characters etc. ;D

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2014, 18:54 »
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Snipe34(2)

• asnipe34
    • VVVVVVVVapsadf
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2014, 14:52 »
Not quite nearly :D

I realize this is a UT2004 site!  UDK is like the UT2004 update, but UDK is not actually a game, only a dev tool.

I've been chugging along slowly but every week I do something, learning something so KFZ is progressing.

Pressing stuff is the menu, which now sort-of works.  The guns all shoot, have muzzle flashes, eject shells but don't do stuff like pre-fire (eg turning the chamber of the revolver and pulling the hammer back).  Similar to the RPG.  Still has a rocket in the slot when it's ammo empty.  The monsters look at me, and atm don't move... but they did before...  But the playable characters, which are essentially the same as the monsters - do run around in the maps??!  Yeah well... I'm learning.

Here's some pics:

Work I did for a guy who's making 40k stuff.  The distraction is helpful to take my mind off KFZ.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 14:55 by Snipe34_alreadyUsed »

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2014, 18:24 »

Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Snipe34(2)

• asnipe34
    • VVVVVVVVapsadf
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2014, 13:05 »

Jyrki

• Perkele!
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2014, 20:48 »
Wow

apex

• Tuner Racer
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2014, 22:52 »
its actually nice to hear from you guys again.......

~ BELIEVE ~

Snipe34(2)

• asnipe34
    • VVVVVVVVapsadf
« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2014, 18:28 »
muha

Weird thing... I gave up smoking and living, almost.  I was smoking blackmarket tobacco laced with poison.  This finally dawned on us after my tobacco pouch melted inside, and after I fell over, and later the paramedics left.
Near death experience... It was like my whole life was melting away and I was falling into darkness.  "Feel the darkness," argh, I fellt it 0_0

So yeh, 2 cigarettes only per day - from the shop!  Cigarettes help me relax.  My lungs are a little damaged so I wheeze, but I'm recovering.

Nice to see you guys :)

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2014, 02:50 »

Quote from: apex
its actually nice to hear from you guys again.......

No kidding. Thought it was weird, I was gone for a month or so and came back, everyone disappeared. Snipe, Jyrki, Mahl, Sweety, JD, etc, etc...

Quote from: Snipe34_alreadyUsed
Weird thing... I gave up smoking and living, almost.  I was smoking blackmarket tobacco laced with poison.  This finally dawned on us after my tobacco pouch melted inside, and after I fell over, and later the paramedics left.
Near death experience... It was like my whole life was melting away and I was falling into darkness.  "Feel the darkness," argh, I fellt it 0_0

Scary story there. Nice to know you held out though.

Makes me think about the "underground" of where I live. It gets so bad sometimes. Senior kids at my high-school would literally lace cigarettes with hallucinogens and sell them to younger students just to laugh at them when they smoke it. Couple kids almost died and I was there to watch.

Jyrki

• Perkele!
« Reply #340 on: December 13, 2014, 09:59 »
muha

So yeh, 2 cigarettes only per day - from the shop!  Cigarettes help me relax.  My lungs are a little damaged so I wheeze, but I'm recovering.

Nice to see you guys :)

Glad to see you're alive and kicking. I thought you got burnout or something... Welcome back mate!  :))

Snipe34(2)

• asnipe34
    • VVVVVVVVapsadf
« Reply #341 on: December 13, 2014, 18:43 »
Poor Njord alone, sry!  Hallucinogens probably I'd prefer.  The poison messed with my head in many ways.  Burnout - couldn't figure out what was up, breathing was worsening + other problems.
Hehe apex' avatar and Jyrki's is pretty cool :)
I was talking to Poom.  His dad died, he had to move and he's working all hours as a baggage handler at a NY airport fyi...

KFZ... will it ever eventuate.  Sometimes I wonder.  Actually it's irritatingly close, only the code is slowing me - my ability to figure it out, I mean.   If I could, then easily only a couple of months.  Artwork, meshes, anims, maps, are np for me.
I have your RK95 running, Jyrki, shell casings falling and bouncing on the ground.  It's a nice touch for all the weapons.

I'll do a vid when I get the HUD looking prettier.  And get the monsters moving.  (only 2 of them so far).

Jyrki

• Perkele!
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2014, 10:08 »
KFZ... will it ever eventuate.  Sometimes I wonder.  Actually it's irritatingly close, only the code is slowing me - my ability to figure it out, I mean.   If I could, then easily only a couple of months.  Artwork, meshes, anims, maps, are np for me.
I have your RK95 running, Jyrki, shell casings falling and bouncing on the ground.  It's a nice touch for all the weapons.

I'll do a vid when I get the HUD looking prettier.  And get the monsters moving.  (only 2 of them so far).

Sounds nice! Hope you get the monsters to work soon.

razor

• Cowkiller2000
    • razor66100
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2014, 01:20 »
Will the tank seat three people like you wanted before?
Also does anyone still have a kfmod server?

Snipe34(2)

• asnipe34
    • VVVVVVVVapsadf
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2014, 13:43 »
Yep, the tank I made sit 3.  But coding is the problem.  With 1 in the tank driving, the cannon turret (unmanned) stays in the same position as you drive and turn... works, but looks weird.

I am learning code and what was impossible 2 years ago I'm starting to make work.   (anyone seen Edmc bro? a coder.  A black guy and I think he thought I'm nazi because I listen to heavy metal so he went away.  But I am not a racist, or political!!  If anyone talks to him, please say a good word for me :)  As before I need his advanced help with UT code).

KF server, I looked online and yes a German server, 32 ping 4me. Offices, I was wiped out in level 1.