Killing Floor Mod Perks...  (Read 18743 times)

Snipe34

Re: Killing Floor Mod Perks...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 23:51 »
:areyoukidding:

Isn't that what we did with KFv3?

I don't know. Did Snipe34 tell Alex that was doing a MUTATOR?

But Tripwire owns the content of the mod itself, and isn't Tripwire/AJ Quick code pretty well the same thing? (or maybe I'm mistaken :S)

If you want to be technical, then AJ (Alex) is the developer but Trip(ping on CROSS)wire is the company that bought his mod. But how else can you make a MUTATOR if you don't use the same coding?

Muts don't change the original code - like for example messing with the National Grid is a no-no, but a plug-in like a PC, TV is ok, which is a parallel of your 'plug-in' or mut... is how i think about it.  And using Alex's mut, well that's freeware.

So you're all legal poom =D [subject to confirmation by someone who knows about law :p]

edit: excellent work fiddling with the code and making it all function!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:01 by Snipe34 »

poompoom500

• For my one and only Dottie.
    • poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 14:03 »
 :troll:

And using Alex's mut, well that's freeware. So you're all legal poom =D [subject to confirmation by someone who knows about law :p]

Well, thank you Snipey boy! You are my inspiration, ya know!

Got some more progress report on KF Mod Mutator -- Fixed the issue on ChemicalThrower ammo, sulfuric Acid. What I am intending on doing is changing the flames to green bile! Plus change to enhanced abilities of the perk. Any suggestions is welcomed!

ChemBug Perk CODE below:

Code: [Select]
// KF REPATCHED VERSION BY SUPAPLEX_
// ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// DATE: September 9, 2012, Sunday -- Made changes to this CHEMBUG perk.
// ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Class KFVetChemistry extends KFVeterancyTypes
Abstract;

/*   I avoid using these global type comment markers because they can result in an error "defaultproperties not found" if you don't press
return above and below them (as per Wiki and my experience)...
Anyways, more hacky guesswork shite.  Not sure if the 2001 chemkills will register... we'll see. EDIT: it does, and
working fine, phew, but 1000 instead....
Snipe=>
 */

// ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// DATE: September 9, 2012, Sunday -- Can EDIT this requirement to UNLOCK the CHEMISTRY perk.
// ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

//conditions to obtain perk
static function bool QualityFor( KFPlayerStats Other )
{
Return (Other.FlameKills>=1000);
}
//reload speed for chemicalthrower 1.3 times faster
static function float GetReloadSpeedModifier( KFWeapon Other )
{
if (ChemicalThrower(Other) != None)
{
Return 1.3;
}
return 1.0;
}

//reduce damage
static function int ReduceDamage( KFPawn Injured, KFMonster DamageTaker, int InDamage, class<DamageType> DmgType )
{
if (DmgType == class'GamePlay.Burned')
{
return float(InDamage) * 0.25; // 95% reduced fire damage
}

// any other damage 15% reduced
return float (InDamage) * 0.45;
}

static function int AddDamage( KFMonster Injured, KFPawn DamageTaker, int InDamage, class<DamageType> DmgType )
{
if( DmgType==Class'DamTypeFlamethrower' || DmgType==Class'Molotov' || DmgType==Class'DamTypeSingle' || DmgType==Class'DamTypeM10Mac' || DmgType==Class'DamTypeMP5A' || DmgType==Class'DamTypeBD3008MG')
Return InDamage*1.5;

Return InDamage;
}

//player movement speed
static function float GetMovementSpeedModifier()
{
Return 1.05;
}

//add extra ammo
static function float AddExtraAmmoFor( Class<Ammunition> AmmoType )
{
if( AmmoType==Class'FlameAmmo' || AmmoType==Class'MolotovAmmo')
{
Return 1.75; 
}

return 1.0;
}

defaultproperties
{
     OnHUDIcon=Texture'KFX.ChemBug'
     VeterancyName="Chemistry"
     VeterancyDescription="|CHEMISTRY|| +25% increased damage with FlameThrower Sulfuric Acid Pistol M10 MP3008 and MP5 |+ 75% max ammo for Flamethrower and Sulfuric Acid| Greatly reduced fire damage|Flamethrower faster reloading |Movement speed increase"
     VetButtonStyle="VetStyleChemistry"
}
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 14:08 by poompoom500 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 12:50 »
 :iamdisappoint:

Well, in response to Vanico's remark:

I would never ever buy a weapon buy a guy called "Mahloeeh500", sounds like chinese low quality stuff

here is the download link - http://www.mediafire.com/?56a78g1ym8x99t7. You can find out for yourself. (Of course, this mutator is still WIP so it isn't finished in any way).

IMPORTANT: BACK UP your following TEXTURE FILES - 25Tex.utx, KFX.utx and KillingFloorWeapons.utx.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 12:56 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 22:52 »
nice work Poom!

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 23:08 »
 :hehheh:

nice work Poom!

Thank you man! But I can't seem to make the ChemicalThrower APPEAR in the buy weapon menu! I am starting fresh with this mutator adding to KFMod20 v252. I go back and forth to your work at KFMod20 vSNIPE34 to cross check my work, but I can't get my chemistrythrower to show up at trader when I want to buy it. Help.

I was able to make it appear at your version, but not on KFMod20 v252!?!

Here's the revised KFMod20_MutatorA - http://www.mediafire.com/?f4ld1lpagxlz39l.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 23:13 by poompoom500 »

Snipe34

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 01:42 »

Thank you man! But I can't seem to make the ChemicalThrower APPEAR in the buy weapon menu! I am starting fresh with this mutator adding to KFMod20 v252. I go back and forth to your work at KFMod20 vSNIPE34 to cross check my work, but I can't get my chemistrythrower to show up at trader when I want to buy it. Help.

I was able to make it appear at your version, but not on KFMod20 v252!?!

Here's the revised KFMod20_MutatorA - http://www.mediafire.com/?f4ld1lpagxlz39l.

hmmm hard question, trying to remember.  Probably use v3, which got stuff into the buy menu. Ah yes, the trader list is in an .ini file.  I guess the main KF main ini.   Under buyMenu... sth liket that.  Can't miss it.   Has a list of the weapons.  Max weapons allowed is 25, (hard coded) I remember that.  If the .ini option doesn't work let me know.

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:28 »
 :sadface:

I made changes to the KFMod.int file to include the ChemicalThrower weapon, but I still can't get it to show at the buy/sell menu at trader.

And changed KFMod20.ini also but that didn't help any either.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:34 by poompoom500 »

poompoom500

• poompoom500
    • poompoom500
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 13:00 »
 :what:

I tried using the KF Editor and it lets me add my weapon in the map, ChemicalThrower, as well as the ammo, CTAmmo (Sulfuric Acid Canister).

And it shows as first person view in game.

Also, check out Killing Floor (UT2004) Klub site at ModDB -- http://www.moddb.com/groups/killing-floor-ut2004-klub/downloads. NOTE: WAIT for its AUTHORIZATION...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 13:19 by poompoom500 »