I have an unknown broswer  (Read 15712 times)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
Re: I have an unknown broswer
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 22:17 »
Opera has become a Google Chrome copycat these days, I need to switch to Firefox now  :'(

Comparsion between old and new:

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 04:02 »
Or just revert to Opera 12.16.

EDIT: Just downloaded Opera 16.somethingsomething, and it seems they're slowly trying to make Blink/WebKit function like their old Presto engine. Also made Opera Mail a standalone program, if anyone uses it at all (like me :) ). Not too bad so far, but still to Chrome-y for me.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:25 by [MiA]Sonar »
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:36 »
I'm actually already using Opera 12 as my daily browser, but web's the kind of thing that's constantly evolving so I need to switch/upgrade sooner or later.

I used to use Opera mail too, but found it too basic and actually prefer having standalone email client. The new standalone Opera mail client makes no sense in my opinion, since there are better alternatives. The whole point of it was great integration with browser.

I use Em client, it's free and reminds me of Outlook a bit, I recommend trying it out :)

Anyway, I see you're using W8 - have you tried bbLean on it? I'd love to know if and how well it works there.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 16:36 »
Working on bblean right now, will post back later with review and screenshots.
Previously known as: xS0NARx, Njordr, Latte, or whatever the "name of the week" was.

Veica

• \m/
    • xS0NARx
    • VeicaNoriceia
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 17:19 »
Well, I started out by installing bbLean and running it. Aside from the transparent border on some windows, things seemed to be going okay:

Upon saving the first screenshot, Paint.NET's bbLean border broke:

With the lack of a Windows Classic theme and not being able to remove transparency, I decided that bbLean wasn't the best for Windows 8, so I closed bbLean. Just as I opened Explorer find where I saved the images, Explorer locked up:

This required the use of Task Manager to end and restart the process.

So, moral of the story: Windows 8 != bbLean compatible, and don't bother trying :)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 20:39 »
Thanks for the info. It's no big deal, I want to switch to Linux anyway. :)