A Bit of Better Balancing  (Read 5127 times)

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
Re: A Bit of Better Balancing
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2021, 10:30 »
sorry did not read the whole chat (So sorry if this sounds totally off). Just thought about api access to gametracker? I thought that site ranks all players? Why not just use that ranking for balancing?

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging

The_Cowboy

• Full MemberĀ 
  • CodeZilla
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2021, 10:35 »
Yup that should work too. Well, if you don't care about specificity and just the grand total.
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.

Flenser

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2021, 14:12 »
It's been really nice actually speaking with players via the Discord voice channels.

Kuha has brought up the fact that I never complain about balance when my team is winning, and after discussing it with Gil, here are my thoughts.

When playing on a winning team, I'm able to get close to the flag, or make kills, or recover the flag, use vehicles, generally play the game.

When playing against a vastly better team, I spawn and die within seconds, one or more enemy raptor is overhead killing everyone and every vehicle, the base is completely overrun, and I'm sniped way before I can get near the enemy base. That's when I think "what's going on?" and look at the teams, to see Gil, moi, Kuha, Justice, Quadro, Piglet and every other top-ranked player on the opposite team. That's when I wish we had a balancer in place.

The_Cowboy

• Full MemberĀ 
  • CodeZilla
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2021, 02:22 »
I believe second phase is complete and perfectly working. In the third phase, I am exhausted/disgusted and/or no longer willing to write team switching code.

Well unless there is some more systemic theological incentive  8) :P
Quote from: Wormbo
You learn UnrealScript mainly by reading other people's code. Removing code without an important reason (download size reduction and lack of helpfulness are not important in that sense) is extremely antisocial IMHO.