UT2004 Tips & Tricks  (Read 9691 times)

[MiA]Raj

• rajliv
UT2004 Tips & Tricks
« on: August 23, 2009, 11:46 »

Manta theory
 Ever wished Mantas could fly?

You will need 2 mantas. You and your friend must be facing each other with mantas. Then keep driving into eachother.

This will work better on flat surface.

Tip: passengers on manta should crouch to not fall off. 

Secret Camera

Pressing [SWITCHWEAPON 10] key after tossing the Translocator allows you to view
from its internal camera.
By default, switchweapon 10 key should be ‘Q‘.

Note:
If you want to set a custom key, just enter this command into console replacing w with your preffered key:

set input w switchweapon 10 

It’s quite useful in freezetag gametype to sneak out enemy positions without getting under fire yourself.  <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->   

Transporting people on manta
 Stand on the edge of wing or on roof and hold down crouch.

NOTE: Same goes with transporting spider mines.
Easiest way to set mines is to get on roof and throw 3 mines on the edges of both wings (3+3; 6 is default of total mines possible).

Can’t find your buddies?
 If you add somebody with special characters (eg. «»^`éç¿°) in his/her name ut2004 can’t track that person.
UT2004 will also be unable to track anyone in your buddie list below the buddy whose name includes such characters.

So just add buddies with regular names.  <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->   

Speeding up Map Loading
 If you find that maps seem to take forever to load, check to make sure that the game isn’t preloading all of the player skins. Click on “Settings” then click the “Game” button at the top of the page. Uncheck the box marked “Preload all player skins” on the bottom right of the screen. Enabling that is not worth the memory it consumes nor is it worth the extra time it takes to load each level.

Tip for Onslaught
 This way you can easily destroy the powernode:
Find grenade thrower, place as many nades as possible on your vehicle (manta’s the best choice).
Drive to the target node and explode em.

This way you’ll destroy about half of the node and can easily destroy rest of it too if enemy defenders are noob.

Here’s my nade placement:

Adrenaline combos explained
 This is for people like me who don\'t play gametypes that have adrenaline so often
and forget the combinations.
  <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Adrenaline Combos
- When your adrenaline reaches 100, you can put in these codes to gain temporary bonuses:

Up, Up, Up, Up - Faster Movement Speed
Down, Down, Down, Down - Regeneration
Right, Right, Left, Left - Invisibility
Up, Up, Down, Down - Faster Rate of Fire

Secondary honk
 Ever heard a vehicly honking weirdly?

If you want to make secondary honk with the vehicles, keybind this command (in console):

set input [your key] playvehiclehorn 1

Example:
set input H playvehiclehorn 1

Makes your hellbender horn like a ice-cream van  <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 18:09 by [MiA]Raj »

Infty

Re: Prevent vehicle respawning
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 23:04 »
Lol nice i\'ll try that

Snipe34

Re: UT2004 Tips & Tricks
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 22:13 »
I didn't know about the adrenaline (or the other stuff!)

mleko

• lvl 26 potato master
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 14:42 »
I'll share some protips I've discovered by myself:
1. It's possible to crouch under manta.
And survive if approaching enemy doesn't use right-click in vehicle.

2. Manta and Scorpion drivers can be killed by headshot.

3. Adrenaline combos can be aborted.
Simply enter any vehicle (turrets should probably work either, but I'm not clearly sure, since there aren't any vctf maps with turrets).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 14:44 by mleko »

Piano

• c'est faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'impor
    • pianoserenity
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 18:26 »
Strongest weapon against Core in ONS is Bio-rifle, same goes for Nodes, or so I have discovered

Piano

• c'est faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'impor
    • pianoserenity
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 18:29 »
In our map Face-Classic you can survive spawning at the top of the tower even if the enemy Raptor is parked on the teleport. Mind you, the Raptor has to be parked a little of the centre which is not at all a statistical jewel beacuse most of us dont really care where precisely we park Raptor when blocking enemy teleport. You can then slowly crouch into ground floor teleport in extreme right or left angle and with some luck youll spawn under enemy Raptor and then you can enter it and steal it :)

[MiA]RockTan

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 11:28 »
Tip against Spawnkilling

change your spawn point!!!

Defty

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 15:15 »
-Have your link gun set to a key where you can pull it out at any time

-In CTF if you are in raptor your priority should be your team's flag. If they take your flag don't worry about giving teammates rides, instead go to top of your base and watch base/ground for flag carrier. But if in raptor and your team takes their flag, head for top of their base to give ride.

-If Enemy has your flag and goes to top with mines, check if your deemer is available. if it's there navigate it to top of base and kill flag carrier.

-At beginning rounds of Torlan pay attention to where your teammates are going. If you have manta or raptor and a teammate linked to you, don't stop at first node and abandoned vehicle. Let teammate get that node and move on to other node. Manta is good for getting to corner node quickly, then whoever linked the first node should immediately head to center node to link it before other team can.

Caracal

• caracalRus
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 18:32 »
-In CTF if you are in raptor your priority should be your team's flag. If they take your flag don't worry about giving teammates rides, instead go to top of your base and watch base/ground for flag carrier. But if in raptor and your team takes their flag, head for top of their base to give ride.

-If Enemy has your flag and goes to top with mines, check if your deemer is available. if it's there navigate it to top of base and kill flag carrier.

-At beginning rounds of Torlan pay attention to where your teammates are going. If you have manta or raptor and a teammate linked to you, don't stop at first node and abandoned vehicle. Let teammate get that node and move on to other node. Manta is good for getting to corner node quickly, then whoever linked the first node should immediately head to center node to link it before other team can.
That are more like tactical advices. I can add a lot. Probably it will be good to make separate topic for that.