General Zone > The Lounge

Dementia

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stealer:
Lol, sorry no, that wasn't derogatory or aimed at you Sup. Apologies if you thought that!

Many years ago, possibly 2008ish on Piglets old servers, I had a bad reaction to anti depressant pills mixed with alcohol; I was suicidal for a while also had chronic depression for a decade without knowing why I was such a lunatic (didn't care about anything in life or my own). Luckily a few of the admins from Piglets old servers helped me (just by communicating with me and me playing freon).

I was the lunatic, I certainly didn't mean you dude!!!! Apologies if it came across that way. I'm more together now, that was what I was trying to convey. I'm sorry you weren't there years ago to understand what I was referring to. It seems you have caught the wrong end of the stick. Sorry for any offence caused it wasn't aimed at you sup!!!!

I really appreciate your advice and help sup  8)

If you ever need someone to pm, I am always here if you or anyone else wants to pm me/ or are struggling with depression. Been there got the T-shirt and am happy to help anyone on the forums. Depression is a real pig, it's the whole mindset of depression (it's almost like being stuck in a loop about depressive thoughts). Personally I found microdosing mdma helped me (not saying anyone else should do what I did, I just have a fervent distaste and distrust of legal pharmaceutical companies and their products). Companies that are designed to make profit rather than actually cure people - if they cured people outright then they would not make a profit, joys of capitalism and standard business practice. Also coming to terms and realising what I was depressed about was very beneficial to changing my thought patterns: to break the loop and taking small steps towards alleviating the issue helped me a lot.

sup:
Lol ok, don't worry, I misunderstood, you thanked Piglet and talked about this "other guy", I assumed it was me because no one else said anything xD

U know, after arguing with Johnny I found that anything is possible

I can imagine your pain, feeling indifference and lack of purpose is the worst feeling a human being can feel
But it's ok dude, thanks for explaining, I'm glad you're better and able to help your father now. I wish the best for you two \o

Stealer:
Cool dude :)

Hehe, I only really know the guys on the freon servers which I have regular banter with, I occasionally play vctf but I really suck at it :( ONS was my thing, was better at that than freon!

Hehe, I just laugh at everything in life now, no point being down about anything: it's just a game until you run out of credits - make it the best you can :D
Thanks dude :)

Stealer:
*Update*
Went fairly well, he agreed to get a test next week, although he mentioned he had a test last year for Alzheimers/Dementia (I assume that is the same test?) and "passed it". Other than passing it he did say he forgot all words that began with P, which I suppose if you were on a gameshow or felt pressure maybe, maybe I'm just nit picking? He is 71, I can't even remember most of the nights before my day off (when I play UT really badly and drink 3+ beers)!  8) ???
Hopefully he remembers to book, I'll keep nagging him on steam till he does  >:D >:D

hagis:
I think Piglets covered it and it sounds like you have a plan which is a good step

@ sup,. it was voltaire that said "doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all"

there are some good doctors though,. finding them isn't always easy but there are some good guys in there and they can help - they occasionally have the magic potion and sometimes not but they are still the best place to get help :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version