Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?  (Read 13029 times)

satin

Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?
« on: February 02, 2024, 15:48 »
Truly outrageous botting, it's completely spoiling it for everyone else. Hopefully someone else will chime in and support me.

Lexa just *never* misses.

Check server logs from 15: 40 ish GMT today to hear other players complaining too.

Kuha

Re: Lexa (BE) Can't someone ban this player?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 16:02 »
Must be the  french admins covering for their belgian french buddy. Risel can u do a check on these ppl?

truebeard

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 16:10 »
Truly outrageous botting, it's completely spoiling it for everyone else. Hopefully someone else will chime in and support me.

Lexa just *never* misses.

Check server logs from 15: 40 ish GMT today to hear other players complaining too.

very good player, i trully support him

Risel

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 16:14 »
@Satin

I completely understand your feelings, but it's called "pro" level.

Lexa is an old player who plays at pro level, and has participated in ut tournaments. He and a few other players play very well, especially on freon. Yes, it can be infuriating at times, but I think it's a great excuse to improve your movement and aim.

@Kuha

I think all Belgians should be banned for not sending me Belgian chocolate. Terrible injustice!

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 18:19 »
Yup, agree with Risel and Truebeard there. A very good player, there are quite a few excellent players in Freon: Holy, 4A, Korn, DVW, Piglet, Blub, Zeus (there are loads more but those ones come straight to mind). I've got him a couple of times - for every 15 kills on me in freon. He isn't unkillable, you just have to use tactics/team up on him I find or not miss with HS's  8)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 18:30 by Stealer »
Stealer.T32

Piglet

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 20:03 »
Holy, 4A, Korn, DVW, Piglet, Blub, Zeus

I certainly shouldn't be in that list. I can barely hit a barn door. I do, however, have a good grasp of when and who to thaw in Freon.

Playing Freon does help your aim.

Lexa isn't botting, though it doesn't stop me from being one of the complainers when he keeps fragging me.

sup

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 20:44 »
Great playlist imho

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 20:44 »
Too modest PIglet :) Being sneaky and thawing the rest of your team whilst your 2 best shooters dm is always a winner :D

Too many beers for me - just thought I'd make it obvious for everyone, although it does seem to spin everyone out when I play sober and actually hit something! :P
Stealer.T32

Plakatowy

• Buritto
    • Biegan
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 10:17 »
I love constructive conversation in the Miasma community:

Argument: Look, Lexa is cheating, check the logs
Counterargument: Not true, he's just a good player!

In the same way, any suspicion of cheating can be justified. Of course, your topic won't change anything, Satin (unfortunately). I discussed the topic of cheaters on this forum many years ago - do you think anything has changed? You know what amuses me most about all this? When you blame someone for cheating, all the "defenders" of that person write that it's not true. But when you REVERSE the situation and ask for evidence that someone is an legit player... well, then there is silence. The only thing I expect from this community is fair play - is that too much? Of course, Soma, Killer, Quadro or anyone else will respond here in a moment, posting a screenshot of me insulting one of the cheaters - go ahead, I don't care.

Risel

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2024, 11:19 »
Plaka, you can come to Freon one night and see for yourself how many other "cheaters" we have who "never miss". Believe me, they just don't join in to the vctf.

After you go in there, prepare to accept the fact that you have no aim at all. You never have. And that you never even knew how to play UT.

Right

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2024, 12:06 »
I've been to Freon a few times.
Those who play there have a much higher level of accuracy and movement than those who play VCTF.
I don't know all the names there, but when a Freon player comes on VCTF I usually notice it. Movement and that I'm dead :)

VCTF is played differend.
- You're trying to grab the flag
- You defended
- You use/abuse vehicles

On Freon (in a nutshell)
- You're playing to the man
- You are more focused on dodging and during that you try to hit someone.
- You're trying to heal your team.
- No "ulimited" ammunition so every shot counts

Knowledge of the map is required for both but more so on Freon.

I have to say that I to am sometimes guilty of naming someone's bot :) but I realize that this is (my hopefully minor) frustration.
I'm an average plus player this is "good" enough for VCTF but really not for Freon.

And I also realize that there are always better players.
Also remember that a lot of those who played this 10-20 years ago have moved on.
And sometimes they are still playing (Lexa BE) and you get a glimpse of how good they are/were.

Ekulz

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2024, 12:10 »
From reading this thread and observing chat in game it seems there's a rift between VCTF and Freon servers and associated players. I can understand your concern Satin and I think it's good you've shared it so others can provide constructive feedback. Ofcourse Freon players are going to be more skillful and have a better aim, but it's how they play overall that defines them. I find some Freon players just camp and spawn kill rather than play the objective, which is why many VCTF players get titled and call them out. If you're a pro and know you don't cheat and have nothing to hide, then why is there the need to tell someone to 'stfu'? Hackusations are a compliment imo and they mean you're top level! But without anti-cheat on the server we need to learn to live with the controversy and agree to disagree on our opinions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 13:08 by Ekulz »

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024, 13:01 »
Massive respect to the "pro" players.  I've ventured into Freon on a few occasions and spend most of my time being a nice shade of icy blue.

What really grinds my gears in Warfare is certain players constantly spamming spawn points and weapons lockers.  The worst map for this is Longest yard, where some ruin the game by camping on the top ledge throwing down flak & spider mines.  Don't get me started on the tank and manta  >:(

Any chance the previous version without tank and top ledge can be re-instated?
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

truebeard

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024, 17:43 »
I love constructive conversation in the Miasma community:

Argument: Look, Lexa is cheating, check the logs
Counterargument: Not true, he's just a good player!

In the same way, any suspicion of cheating can be justified. Of course, your topic won't change anything, Satin (unfortunately). I discussed the topic of cheaters on this forum many years ago - do you think anything has changed? You know what amuses me most about all this? When you blame someone for cheating, all the "defenders" of that person write that it's not true. But when you REVERSE the situation and ask for evidence that someone is an legit player... well, then there is silence. The only thing I expect from this community is fair play - is that too much? Of course, Soma, Killer, Quadro or anyone else will respond here in a moment, posting a screenshot of me insulting one of the cheaters - go ahead, I don't care.

Not all suspicions of cheating are justified. You arrive with your limited knowledge at a VCTF server with netcode and 50 shots per second and you think you know the game. You insult someone who hasn't asked for anything and you think that's justified? I am trying to explain few things to you, but you're still stuck in your narrow-mindedness.

I invite you to go and type in my nickname on youtube and watch the videos of international tournaments where anti-cheats were active and viewed by the best player in the community. I think that's enough proof to say that I don't cheat ;) but hey... if Mr plaka thinks otherwise, how can I deal with this imPLAKAble argument?

If you're a pro and know you don't cheat and have nothing to hide, then why is there the need to tell someone to 'stfu'? Hackusations are a compliment imo and they mean you're top level! But without anti-cheat on the server we need to learn to live with the controversy and agree to disagree on our opinions.

Quite simply because as soon as I arrive on a server, I'm constantly receiving remarks and/or insults about myself. No matter how hard I try to explain certain things, people just don't seem to want to understand. So yes, at some point, I don't want to spend 1 hour  talking when all I ask is to play in peace ;)

And one last thing, I sincerely believe that there are no aimbotter playing the game on a regular basis. We're in 2024, a game that's 20 years old and there's hardly any competition left... People play for fun because they like the game, not to try-hard with an aimbot.
This is just my opinion, but over the last 5 years I've come across maybe 2-3 aimbots on a game and that's it. So to come and constantly call people cheaters... please mind your own business ;)

sup

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024, 19:38 »
It's common for VCTF players to think that Freon/DM/ICTF players are cheating, because most VCTF players don't focus on aiming.

A few years ago it was very common to see bots on the server, like every week. I believe that pig or someone implemented some other anti cheating system and I haven't seen any bots in a long time. Or like alexa said, cheaters prefer to play other newer games now

although I think some players use wall hack xD