Poll

Do you mostly play VCTF or Freon (which team do you want to be on)?

Vctf
7 (43.8%)
Freon
9 (56.3%)
Onslaught
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Freon crowd Vs Vctf crowd  (Read 8566 times)

Stealer

• StealerNinja
Freon crowd Vs Vctf crowd
« on: February 07, 2024, 21:46 »
I suggest 3 maps of each gametype (best of 3). Maybe three ONS maps just for giggles/nostalgia (baggsy on Miausz side  8))

Playlist should be decided by most map votes for participating players, flip a coin if it draws.

I'm up for playing for freon on freon and ONS (if there is enough interest), happy to join for vctf also if freon team doesn't have enough players, but I've never played most of the maps. Loved the assface map, reminded me of an old dm map in a kitchen  :D

I'm happy to admin it if I could be a temporary game admin for the duration of the competition.

All of this is kind of pointless if Lexa doesn't want to join the freon team. Although we could have a laugh regardless and get the freon team mingling more with the vctf team - positives either way :)

I suggest a Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening, as I don't get home till 21:30 weekdays so would be unable to participate or help.
Stealer.T32

Risel

Re: Freon crowd Vs Vctf crowd
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 11:52 »
It's a losing proposition. Freon's team will suffer total defeat when faced with our super players, such as campers with spiders, or guys who try to join the winning team, or players who sabotage vehicles.

No chance, sorry.

Piglet

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 13:01 »
:D

Right

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 14:32 »
@Risel: so true, so sad  :'(

Ekulz

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 17:09 »
This would be fun, but I think it would just stir up more trouble between certain players if they lost. In the old days we used to have fun wars all the time consisting of VCTF/TAM players, back when people didn't take the game so seriously :)) Can we all kiss and make up and play on whatever team we want again without stigma? The community is tiny and all the animosity is unnecessary imo.

p.s i can't tell if this post is serious or a joke lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 17:13 by Ekulz »

Ekulz

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 21:09 »
Seems it's already Freon vs VCTF. Freon friends on opposing team are just taunting each other rather than killing :D

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 21:34 »
This would be fun, but I think it would just stir up more trouble between certain players if they lost. In the old days we used to have fun wars all the time consisting of VCTF/TAM players, back when people didn't take the game so seriously :)) Can we all kiss and make up and play on whatever team we want again without stigma? The community is tiny and all the animosity is unnecessary imo.

p.s i can't tell if this post is serious or a joke lol

Haha, been playing UT2004 since 2006. I wasn't trying to cause trouble. I think the world would be a better place if we just fought each other on UT rather than actual wars etc! It's primarily a response to Grim Fandango. Last tourney I organised was on Titan many years ago 2000s (freon tourney).
I totally agree there is no need for animosity, just resolve it with headshots in game :) Either way it should get mia players on a dfifferent server for a brief period.
I quite like vctf from my limited experience, but I literally have no clue where I am going on any of the maps... Aren't there keys to highlight a route to the enemy flag?
Stealer.T32

Risel

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 12:00 »
It's ok, no one is fighting with anyone) It's just that some vctf players are just used to seeing a certain type of game, and when they meet real pro players, they start worrying and yelling about cheating. Anyone can seem like a cheater if instead of playing normally and helping your team, you sit in secluded spots with spiders or other secret places and quietly shoot other players while ignoring the match. It's classic.

I quite like vctf from my limited experience, but I literally have no clue where I am going on any of the maps... Aren't there keys to highlight a route to the enemy flag?

Use "M" and "N" to see the direction of the enemy or your own base. These keys work by default in the game.

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 19:05 »
Aye that seems logical. People even call that on the freon server sometimes!

Thanks Risel, I'll remember that for next time :)
Stealer.T32

holyspam

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 00:02 »
Massacre.

Hydro

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 09:10 »
haha nice1

ZEUS + Holyspam + Soma + Slayer ... vs whole vctf player = 10-0
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:14 by Hydro »

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 12:43 »
Whole VCTF crowd without hell and 10-0 :D I assure you if I lan and go vctf vs freon then good luck :D But I have been up to the idea of playing planned matches for ages. and with my youtube this can be real fun memories ;) Hydro + Soma + Sup + Risel + [add all the nabs no limit] vs Hell + Scof + Quadro  [Hint sup can have his fav alexa in return of a few nabs] :D

Grim_Fandango

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 12:59 »
Whole VCTF crowd without hell

Please can this be arranged.
• Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, made up genders are from Uranus.
• It's all shits & giggles until someone giggles and shits.
• I wish I had the aim of an Eastern Bloc player.

hellfire

• Dev, gamer, entrepreneur, good hearted&mock raging
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 14:01 »
Come on..you need 1 hell who can bring some wine filled rage when the team is relaxing too much ;) Or maybe the freon team will need someone who can actually touch the flag for once lol

Stealer

• StealerNinja
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 22:05 »
I might have made a booboo. I did the poll but not sure we can actually see who voted? Sorry, it's not the T32 forums I'm accustomed too (still learning, very slowly :) )
Looks like we have enough players for a freon match, possibly not enough for vctf? Could probably do a smallish ONS map though :)

Could just do a team list on first post - easy bodge :)
Stealer.T32